What's new

Kayfun lite leaking?

You catagorically do not get a free precision screwdriver with a Kayfun Lite if ordering from C9V, unless something has changed recently.

With the kayfun lite I have found less is more so the less wick you have the better it works. So 2mm silica cut just long enough so the ends touch the bottom of the well. This gives great wicking no leaks and great flavour/vapour.

Steve

Well I've stripped it right back down (realigned the centre post, which was fun), done a really tidy wick and am now just trying to break the wick in. It's just a case of waiting to see. I've made sure everything is as tight as my girly girly hands can do. If there is a leak now then I'll know it's the screw or the filler hole and not human error. Fingers crossed!

I have a KFL from the first C9V run. I have tried lots of several set ups and they all work reasonably well. I tried my first micro coil yesterday but it came out at at 2.0 ohms which is too high for me on a roller or GP paps. I broke it down again today and recoiled following a video on Todd's forum and it is working great at 1.2 ohms. I have had some minor leaks but nothing too much.
The point of my post is this- after vaping for 5 minutes I went to make a coffee and when I got back started to clear away the tools etc. To my horror I saw the fill screw still attached to the magnetic screwdriver. I immediately held my setup upside down and expected a gush of liquid but it was dry. I took the KFL of my roller and there was a small weep only.
Needless to say the screw is back in now and all is good, but can't understand why I didn't lose the whole tank?

Well I've been vaping like a train since the big rebuild and....................no leaks! The trouble now is I'm not too sure what fixed it, lol! It doesn't seem to be any tighter than I originally had it, I don't know if the hole in the centre post lining up was the cause or maybe I just had a bit of crud caught in the filler hole but what ever it was is sorted now! I've now just got to get rid of the annoying whistle it's developed (I'm a picky bugger ain't I!). Thanks for all the help everyone :D

You'll get used to the whistle - the only way to stop it is to tighten up the air hole.

Back
Top Bottom