What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Kayfun - Feng Shui

Just got my v3 clone a week or so ago and have a hard time imagining liking anything else any better. .9 ohm coil on my vela clone with a sony vct4... It's perfect. ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1400536848.171571.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I loved my kayfun, then I fell in love with the kraken, and now I am finding myself using the Taifun majority of the time

I honestly believe these are the best 3 tank style rebuildable atomisers,

The kayfun is dead easy, quick to build and gives zero issues ever.

But the Kraken and Taifun deliver much more flavour and vapour in comparison.

I use my Taifun without the air tubes for more airflow.

Didn't get a choice as I tore it apart to clean it and the insulator and tube dropped out down the plug hole!

That said I love the draw so guess it happened for a reason!

Well my first ever attempt at a kayfun three wraps .20 round one not doubled voodoo 2.5mm 1.2 epic burnt fail back to the drawing board.

1 thing i found made a big difference is how tightly the coil is wrapped . you dont want to be choking the wick . a tip i read was to use a needle as a splint and wrap your coil around the wick and needle . fix it in place on the kayfun , remove the needle and test resistance . when wet the wick will swell slightly . using the needle gives that little bit of space . this worked a treat for me as im very heavy handed and was wrapping my coil far too tight . followed the instruction in original post , but using the needle to splint the wick , and voila . 1 perfectly working silica build , wicking well , vaping well , great flavoiur and no burnt taste .

1 thing i found made a big difference is how tightly the coil is wrapped . you dont want to be choking the wick . a tip i read was to use a needle as a splint and wrap your coil around the wick and needle . fix it in place on the kayfun , remove the needle and test resistance . when wet the wick will swell slightly . using the needle gives that little bit of space . this worked a treat for me as im very heavy handed and was wrapping my coil far too tight . followed the instruction in original post , but using the needle to splint the wick , and voila . 1 perfectly working silica build , wicking well , vaping well , great flavoiur and no burnt taste .

Thanks for sure will will give that a shot just giving a quick micro with cotton a shot :)

Will try again a bit later on like above with doubled 2mm silica as done cotton twice now and voodoo once and taken about as many dry hits as I can for now, feel sick tbh.

Get there in the end no doubt.

cheers
Rob

Doubled over 2mm silica, using a splint when wrapping instead of using straight up kanthal this time used a 1.5 ready from sv dry hits = deffo no more of that k for the fun today kayfun into the box of bits origen on. God knows why I cant get the bugger to wick.

Four different builds all shite the last one wicked for a couple of mins but no flavour then dry, too many people rave about em so I'm not slagging the ati however too much frustration with it today this knacker builder needs to chill out have a vape with a trusty dripper.

Edit: having some success I think me being an idiot diving in without really reading anything think all previous times didnt have any pressure in the tank wicking well now but occasionally have to cover up the air hole take a pull see a couple of bubbles then have another toot but this build came out 0.8 so might not be keeping up not sure. Filling up with finger over the air hole helped just need to bump the ohms up i think duno.

Finally got it running cotton 1.5 2mm coil, too much cotton at first pulled apart got rid of some cotton so the channel was visable either side and its working a treat, plumes, flavour no dry hits.

A bit of a bugger that kayfun when you havent used one before n dont know its quirks eh.

Last edited:
It's also worth lifting the coil up from the deck, as far as you dare,without breaking it away from the posts.
Some folks are even having success by mounting the coil above the posts. Not tried it myself though but I can see where they are coming from.

It's also worth lifting the coil up from the deck, as far as you dare,without breaking it away from the posts.
Some folks are even having success by mounting the coil above the posts. Not tried it myself though but I can see where they are coming from.

Thanks for the info appreciated but the amount times ive had this apart today n custard in my lap, I'll wait for another day :)

cheers

Once your down with the kayfun and confident with your builds, give this bad boy a go

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400621585.099586.jpg

Back
Top Bottom