What's new

Kayfun - Feng Shui

cheersm8

Achiever
Hi folks,
The reliable Kayfun has been my mainstay for the past few months, and, during that time, I've
done the rounds of most of the assortment of different wicks/coil builds.
All have worked, none have failed.
I'm the kind of chap that believes in simple is good,complex is bad. No Faff, No Fuss, is my motto.
I'm now at the end of my quest, for the simplest,fastest to make and fit,zero maintenance, and most efficient Kayfun build, having eliminated,torching,counting wraps,checking for hot spots,and fastidious wick placement.
I build on the ohms checker, so a 1 second, on-off, tells me all I need to know.

No Blow Torch Needed

1. Cut off a piece of 3mm silica wick approx 2.5 inches long.
2. Snip off 4 inches of 28awg (0.32mm) Kanthal and don't bother to torch it.
3. Wrap 1 to 1.5 inches of this wire around the wick (@ 0.5 ohms per inch this gives you a build of choice between 0.7 ohms and 1.2 ohms when you include the 'tails' between posts and coil).
4.Position in place and fix to posts.
5.Screw on the evaporation chamber with the wick sticking up and through.
6.Snip off excess wick at just above chamber height.
7.Push the wicks down to the deck.
8. Assemble,fill with juice, and vape.

Under 5 minutes from start of build, to lazy arsed vaping, and nowt more to do for week to ten days (other than fill with juice) is as good as it gets for me and the Kayfun. (could last longer than 10 days, but why bother when, for pennies,your Kayfun can always have a nice,clean,fizzy coil?)
This build is no better or no worse,flavour,vapour,throat hit,performance wise, than any other build that I've used,but it is,for me,delightfully simple and 100% fail proof.

Although these simple style silica builds are not every bodies cup of tea,they work,100% of the time and I'm sure that if anybody new to Kayfuns, cut their teeth this way there would be a lot less rattle/pram throwing with 'my Kayfun leaks', 'my Kayfun gives me dry hits', 'no vapour from my Kayfun', 'No flavour from my Kayfun', and a lot more 'Just got a Kayfun, built it in ten minutes, vapes fantastic'.

Same hear with the basic build . 4 wraps of .20 around doubled over 2.5 silica, 1.5 - 1.7 ohms, 5 mins and vaping away like a good'n

But I do re-coil every other day as I vape custard type liquids in mine and it gunks up quite quickly for me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Ur a day too late guys ;-), recieved two Kayfuns yest, I just did some micro coils as I automatically wrap these, and wicked with cotton. Love them! Can't decide which I like more the Kayfun or Taifun's, both simple rebuildable's and can't get over the vape quality awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Haha Lisafosc ! You never will decide which you like best, both the KF and TF are brilliant, but both are slightly different in how they vape. That's why we just gotta have both! I think, on a definitive 'flavour test' that the Taifun would win, by a very very short nose.

Last edited:
Haha Lisafosc ! You never will decide which you like best, both the KF and TF are brilliant, but both are slightly different in how they vape. That's why we just gotta have both! I think, on a definitive 'flavour test' that the Taifun would win, by a very very short nose.

I would totally agree with that, but the Kayfun is slightly easier to build, well with cotton it is as you don't need to worry about the width of the wicks. And I think the Kayfun wins on size of the atomizer, Taifun a little more bulky.. I was waiting for the Kayfuns before I decided which to buy more of, but it's easy really, I need more of each of them lol.

I would totally agree with that, but the Kayfun is slightly easier to build, well with cotton it is as you don't need to worry about the width of the wicks. And I think the Kayfun wins on size of the atomizer, Taifun a little more bulky.. I was waiting for the Kayfuns before I decided which to buy more of, but it's easy really, I need more of each of them lol.

such a good mantra to have. been using my kayfun for months now . got a lite when they first came out and its been a mainstay on my mods. but its so reliable is dare i say , boring. ive tried to jazz it up a bit by getting a coloured tank for it. may have to get a taifun just to spruce my vaping up a bit :D now if i could get a hold of a damn quartz nano kit it would be a different story , but they never seem to be in stock :'(

such a good mantra to have. been using my kayfun for months now . got a lite when they first came out and its been a mainstay on my mods. but its so reliable is dare i say , boring. ive tried to jazz it up a bit by getting a coloured tank for it. may have to get a taifun just to spruce my vaping up a bit :D now if i could get a hold of a damn quartz nano kit it would be a different story , but they never seem to be in stock :'(

Do you mean boring to look at, or boring as you don't need to tinker with it any more?

Do you mean boring to look at, or boring as you don't need to tinker with it any more?

no need to tinker with it. see my drippers i put new builds in every day. where as my kayfun just keeps pumping out the performance in a basic configuration. i get just as much enjoyment building the things as i do vaping them, so i figured at least using interchangeable parts might stem the boredom from it haha.

i tried a dobule barrels microcoil build recently to spruce it up but it runs a bit too hot so mutes the taste almost to a watery texture to the vape so ive gone back to a standard 3mm coil.

thedarthVap3r If you fancy making the Kayfun a little less boring (well for half a day at least,until the novelty wears off) get the Ftech pmma nano kit (which includes pmma evaporation chamber) polish the bits up with toothpaste to change the frosted look to clear, and watch your coil glow in the dark! You can also see the vapour going up the chimney!

@thedarthVap3r If you fancy making the Kayfun a little less boring (well for half a day at least,until the novelty wears off) get the Ftech pmma nano kit (which includes pmma evaporation chamber) polish the bits up with toothpaste to change the frosted look to clear, and watch your coil glow in the dark! You can also see the vapour going up the chimney!

ahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats amazing !

im such a child , (hell im only 24 im allowed to be) that would give me more than half a day amusement. possible even 2 days !

Back
Top Bottom