What's new

Kayfun 4 help

crunchynut

Achiever
Built the Kayfun at work on my dinner, nice neat coil 1.2ohm glowing perfect wicked it tested it all good until I put the ring on that screws over the deck before the chimney. When I screw it fully down it won't fire using an ipv2, if I loosen it it will same if I take it off but obviously it needs to be on and screwed up full so anyone any idea what the problem is ??

Look to see if the spring is under the build deck. When I washed mine and reassembled, forgot to replace the spring and kept telling me check atomizer.

Yep spring is there, its something to do with the collar you screw round the deck coz it fires perfect when its not on or not screwed down proper

Sounds like it's shorting on the sleeve....check for stray wires coming into contact with it.....If it works ok without the sleeve on, then the problems with the sleeve somewhere.

^^this^^
When you trap the wire under the screws you must make sure there's none poking out or it will short on the collar

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Sounds like it's shorting on the sleeve....check for stray wires coming into contact with it.....If it works ok without the sleeve on, then the problems with the sleeve somewhere.

It does fire fine with loads of vapour even when I half screw the collar down it fires it's just when I screw it fully down it won't fire. So yes it must be a short but the wires are snipped very close so I thought it's something to do with the bottom of the collar coz screwed half way works but soon as that bottom touches (I think) that's when it work fire giving me a Check atomizer sign

^^this^^
When you trap the wire under the screws you must make sure there's none poking out or it will short on the collar

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I'll double check to make sure but I very much doubt it coz always snip close then if any wires is protruding I push it in up to the screw. This is what's puzzling me coz something like this has never happened and I wouldn't say I'm new to this [emoji4]

Logic would assume that if it works OK without the Sleeve, then that's where the short is....All I can suggest is check that there's no loose wires anywhere, and make sure that there's nothing in the threads of the sleeve that could be making an unwanted contact....Without actually seeing the problem I cant think of anything else ??

Logic would assume that if it works OK without the Sleeve, then that's where the short is....All I can suggest is check that there's no loose wires anywhere, and make sure that there's nothing in the threads of the sleeve that could be making an unwanted contact....Without actually seeing the problem I cant think of anything else ??

I'll give it a good check and I think you have just solved it by tell me to check any unwanted control in the thread. I can only think this must be it.
Thanks I'll be back

Years ago a boss once said to me when sending out quality bespoke kitchens I've made "before sending it out double check then check again" Should of done that when I said there were not wire sticking out causing a short :rolleyes:
Cheers for the replays
Now on to a new problem
I posted this post on a different thread but thought seen as a got loads of help here I'd post again -

Just done search and found this post. This is a problem I have atm. Don't know about lining air holes up coz I didn't strip it right down I just noticed on my kayfun 4 the deck was loose and the contact pin is tight. Picked up a kayfun lite to put a bell cap on and couldn't get a reading, closer look and found the deck on that was loose too and that centre pin is tightened right up.
What's going on ?

Back
Top Bottom