What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Kangertech Subtank Mini Problems

Cheers pal, one modded already.
If I am honest it is no more airy IMO.
Although, I have put the modded pin in a V2 and my other tank in comparrison is a V1 modified.
My V1 is slightly more airy but I have the chamber on upside down so the holes are nearer the top than the bottom, this helps keep the wick away from airflow. Perhaps comparing apples to oranges.
More playing later, certainly not goosed and no worse so no issue.
Nothing ventured nothing gained.
I am not sure if the chimney or centre of the pin will be the constraining feature, need to measure and do some area calculations.
I have swithered in the past about boring the centre pin but I am concerned about how much wall I would leave at the bottom of the threads, then the chimney post may become the constraint.
Try vertical coil in it

Just to add it burnt hit at 20w which seems a bit strange. Normally I'm 36w on my 0.5

Horses for courses. Coils & RBA's vary to one and other as do other tanks.
I can get dry hits if I go up in to the 20's depending on wicking (STM RBA).
My run of the mill is about 18 watt so don't normally dry hit.
I have gone to 26 with no issue using the Scottish Roll wicking technique.

Also, many swear by Cotton Bacon - say they can go higher / avoid dry hits.
Cotton Bacon does nothing for me personally but each to their own.

No hurry, tomorrow even is Ok
12767441_920845871345051_1482165093_n.jpg

12665651_920845941345044_1422751260_n.jpg

Hi,I have been using the subtank mini RBA v1 & v2 and over the last 8 months of using them I can say I have mastered wicking both,v1 RBA deck is modified and works good but for a vertical twisted kanthal (going to try Clapton soon) the v2 RBA coil with the two holes on the side is absolutely brilliant,I have modified the coils air holes at the very bottom which contacts with the pin,there is 4 holes and I just filed two away ,I'll put pics up if you ask. It works brilliant with a 4m diameter twisted kanthal at 0.4 and I can chain vape the tank dry. It's all about wicking right. Say if you made one and it is getting dry ,pick a bit of cotton out through the hole's,that solves it sometimes. I have a rather mad why of wicking the vertical coils. If your juice is high vg say 60 n up you need less cotton. And also the cotton pads wether they be muji,ko gen do or whatever,I use puff personally,aspire use it in triton coils,anyway,the outside off the pads are compacted so they need to get binned ,use the inside,sometimes one side can be used in some cases.Clean hands is a must. that youtube vid above,if you turned that Clapton so its vertical it would vape like a champ.if you modified the air hols at very bottom it turns it into another tank,huge vapour production and flavour,they can be such a good coil,I take my vertical tiwsted at 0.4 up to 50w and is brilliant,just as long as cotton is packed all around it.
I tested your "pick a bit of cotton through the holes" technique. Set off the smoke alarm a 6:30am, woke up the Mrs and now in the doghouse. I didn't know vapour could even do that!

Thank you [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

@r. vaper
Many thanks but in reading back I worded my initial question incorrectly.
It is more the 'mad way of wicking vertical coils' I was interested in.
Any chance you could describe that as photos may be tricky / not do it justice?

Never tried vertical in STM so not sure how to wick, my head assumes you just pack the chamber with cotton but interested to know your 'mad' way.

Sorry to be a pain.

Back
Top Bottom