What's new

Kangertech Subtank Mini Problems

Regarding the RBA deck it's the one that comes with the Subox mini, I'm cutting with the grain but finding when I roll it seems to fall apart no matter how gentle.
I have just managed to tease it in with a brodder and it's fluffy throughout and I've not blocked the channels so hopefully I'll be winning this time.
How are you doing with wicking fella?

Hi,I have been using the subtank mini RBA v1 & v2 and over the last 8 months of using them I can say I have mastered wicking both,v1 RBA deck is modified and works good but for a vertical twisted kanthal (going to try Clapton soon) the v2 RBA coil with the two holes on the side is absolutely brilliant,I have modified the coils air holes at the very bottom which contacts with the pin,there is 4 holes and I just filed two away ,I'll put pics up if you ask. It works brilliant with a 4m diameter twisted kanthal at 0.4 and I can chain vape the tank dry. It's all about wicking right. Say if you made one and it is getting dry ,pick a bit of cotton out through the hole's,that solves it sometimes. I have a rather mad why of wicking the vertical coils. If your juice is high vg say 60 n up you need less cotton. And also the cotton pads wether they be muji,ko gen do or whatever,I use puff personally,aspire use it in triton coils,anyway,the outside off the pads are compacted so they need to get binned ,use the inside,sometimes one side can be used in some cases.Clean hands is a must. that youtube vid above,if you turned that Clapton so its vertical it would vape like a champ.if you modified the air hols at very bottom it turns it into another tank,huge vapour production and flavour,they can be such a good coil,I take my vertical tiwsted at 0.4 up to 50w and is brilliant,just as long as cotton is packed all around it.
(I have mastered wicking)
Sound like a right tit, lol

Done 0.7 coil and it looks good and the wick is fluffy and taking on juice. I was with the grain previously and it's now much easier to man handle.
I did get a dry hit though which disappoints but i guess may also need to draw differently than i do with my Atlantis mega.
I do like to chain vape on big lung fulls....

Just to add it burnt hit at 20w which seems a bit strange. Normally I'm 36w on my 0.5

Just to add it burnt hit at 20w which seems a bit strange. Normally I'm 36w on my 0.5
Try a vertical coil,and bigger diameter of your coil is best for thick juices. If you want to lung hit with RBA, vertical coil would be good,and do the air holes and you will have a coil that can match stock coils

I'll have a meddle tonight. I'd have thought a device that provides sub ohm on a horizontal coil would have coped better tho!

Is
Done 0.7 coil and it looks good and the wick is fluffy and taking on juice. I was with the grain previously and it's now much easier to man handle.
I did get a dry hit though which disappoints but i guess may also need to draw differently than i do with my Atlantis mega.
I do like to chain vape on big lung fulls....
is it the v1 RBA coil or v2(mini RBA plus) with two holes on the side

Iv put some on the thread mate

Cheers pal, one modded already.
If I am honest it is no more airy IMO.
Although, I have put the modded pin in a V2 and my other tank in comparrison is a V1 modified.
My V1 is slightly more airy but I have the chamber on upside down so the holes are nearer the top than the bottom, this helps keep the wick away from airflow. Perhaps comparing apples to oranges.
More playing later, certainly not goosed and no worse so no issue.
Nothing ventured nothing gained.
I am not sure if the chimney or centre of the pin will be the constraining feature, need to measure and do some area calculations.
I have swithered in the past about boring the centre pin but I am concerned about how much wall I would leave at the bottom of the threads, then the chimney post may become the constraint.

I'll have a meddle tonight. I'd have thought a device that provides sub ohm on a horizontal coil would have coped better tho!
Just work with the wicking,you will get it it just takes time to get to know how it works,dealing with RTAs helped me with wicking the subtank.

Back
Top Bottom