What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Japanese Cotton - I've Fallen Foul to the Hype!

Although I dont understand the hype about these as I find it so easy to use a simple cotton ball to build with, I certainly would like to try it some time :D

Can someone give ma a definitive difference between these and normal cotton balls other than ease of use.

Although I dont understand the hype about these as I find it so easy to use a simple cotton ball to build with, I certainly would like to try it some time :D

Can someone give ma a definitive difference between these and normal cotton balls other than ease of use.
Basically (from what I understand!), with normal cotton wool the fibres go in all different directions but the Japanese cotton wool has all the fibres running in the same direction so the juice can travel more efficiently. It basically wicks much better. Also there is no break in taste so you get good flavour right from the start.

As for how long in lasts, I've had mine about 3 weeks now and have been rewicking my 2 main atties at least every other day and have been sorting out my OH's and I'm just over half way through the first pad. I believe the muji pads are smaller kgd ones so 80 pads should see you right for some time :)

Koh Gen Do arrived from Japan in 3 days - WOW! Impressive postage speed :)

Wife and daughter did get hold of it as I was at work and they really rate it. Now, to my drippers to wick them up and see how this shit tokes :)

Where you buy this goodness from?!

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I am really happy i have tried Japanese cotton as the flavour is far better than regular cotton. I am not planning to use anything else on my atties. This is the best choice i have made to improve my vaping experience so far.

Where you buy this goodness from?!

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

@techinbaz - EBay mate. Seller is called tokyofreaks23. I paid £9.09 for express tracked postage and the cotton was £18.05

PM me your details and I'll send you a pad or 2 mate to have a play with. I've gotta goto the post office tomorrow anyway :-)

I have to say, its wicks very well, absorbs lots of liquid and is definitely a nicer vape than my usual cotton. Seems to go a long way too. Oh, and the wife and kids say its great (so I've hidden it from them) lol

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Ok ok so I jumped on the band wagon and ordered some of this stuff and well... it's awesome. It's literally the easiest thing I've ever used to wick a coil with and it sucks up the juice like nothing normal.

Previously with normal cotton balls you could still see juice pockets in the wick under the coil where it hadn't been drawn up properly by the heat causing dry hits when there was clearly juice left. With this I checked a few times and it's the opposite way round and the bottom is drying out first thus allowing the coils to use all the juice you put in.

Great stuff but can't comment on flavour as of yet as I'm using my regular juice but it's not been steeped yet but so far so good.

Ok ok so I jumped on the band wagon and ordered some of this stuff and well... it's awesome. It's literally the easiest thing I've ever used to wick a coil with and it sucks up the juice like nothing normal.

Previously with normal cotton balls you could still see juice pockets in the wick under the coil where it hadn't been drawn up properly by the heat causing dry hits when there was clearly juice left. With this I checked a few times and it's the opposite way round and the bottom is drying out first thus allowing the coils to use all the juice you put in.

Great stuff but can't comment on flavour as of yet as I'm using my regular juice but it's not been steeped yet but so far so good.

Funny as mate - that's exactly what I saw in my dripper earlier - the coil area remained wet, and the ends needed rejuicing - I thought I was losing the plot so glad someone else experienced the same thing!! :-)

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom