What's new

Insane Coil Gunk

I'm about to rebuild so I'll try that now, although I've already ran contact n80 builds with the same result, I actually prefer contact because I feel I get a denser vape. What I will do is try again but adjust the wicking, maybe try wicking lighter as opposed to tight through the coil, like @pdg said.
Absolutely. I've noticed certain tanks can be a pain airflow wise when your redistricting the airflow ring smaller than the hole under the coil. Sometimes odd airflow onto the coil occurs.
I generally get more even results from kanthal (obviously in wattage) due to the more gentle ramp up time but that's not necessarily the way to go for fast heavy plumes.

To add
It's definitely worth playing with coil size too. Sometimes when you find a juice you like but it's a coil killer, it takes a few attempts to find the best option.

Well that was a disaster, tried 6 wrap 24g kanthal around a 2.5mm in the exocet, too little cotton through the coil, could taste hot wire from the get go. I had an idea though, I've used the last of my 28g kanthal and made a 1.12ohm 6 wrap micro coil at 2.5mm. I'm surprised by how dense the vapor is at those ohms and 15w, then again the exocet is restricted dl. Satisfying vape, let's see how it holds up to the juice.

I'm testing this one with the 88 vape cherry sherbet shortfill, which has been just as hard on my coils previously. See, I usually DIY my juice, but only the MTL side, I have no flavours that'd be good for DL juices. I should really create a thread in the mixing section, asking for simple recipes that are light on coils, rewicking a billet box every 2 hours is not funny at all.

Will report back tomorrow and see how it has faired. This wicking is almost as tight as you can get through a 28g without moving it, but light on the tails for the 70vg.

Well that was a disaster, tried 6 wrap 24g kanthal around a 2.5mm in the exocet, too little cotton through the coil, could taste hot wire from the get go. I had an idea though, I've used the last of my 28g kanthal and made a 1.12ohm 6 wrap micro coil at 2.5mm. I'm surprised by how dense the vapor is at those ohms and 15w, then again the exocet is restricted dl. Satisfying vape, let's see how it holds up to the juice.

I'm testing this one with the 88 vape cherry sherbet shortfill, which has been just as hard on my coils previously. See, I usually DIY my juice, but only the MTL side, I have no flavours that'd be good for DL juices. I should really create a thread in the mixing section, asking for simple recipes that are light on coils, rewicking a billet box every 2 hours is not funny at all.

Will report back tomorrow and see how it has faired. This wicking is almost as tight as you can get through a 28g without moving it, but light on the tails for the 70vg.
I missed it was in a bb insert.
Yes, you can underestimate how much more useful a smaller simple coil can be in a more confined space.
I have to run a lot of the newer mtl rta's at 3.4v or less.
You often find that the cotton legs mushroom either side of the coil when fully engorged with liquid leaving only a small airflow slit along the centre of a coil which can gunk up quickly.
Let us know how it goes.

I missed it was in a bb insert.
Yes, you can underestimate how much more useful a smaller simple coil can be in a more confined space.
I have to run a lot of the newer mtl rta's at 3.4v or less.
You often find that the cotton legs mushroom either side of the coil when fully engorged with liquid leaving only a small airflow slit along the centre of a coil which can gunk up quickly.
Let us know how it goes.

Just about to rewick the build after this post. Been getting the odd funky hit again, but they are few and faw between.

Overall, this coil has lasted a lot longer than the other. I suspect that has a lot to do with running 28g kanthal, as I understand it, cooler wire and vape. I estimate I've had about 9 hours or two boros full of juice through it, not sure on the volume it holds with an exocet inside, but let's say 5ml per tank, so 10ml total.

I'd call that perfectly acceptable and have actually found a new favourite restricted lung hit build, I always confined the 28g to my MTL builds. Nice long draws, thick vapour.

I'm going to put the zonk liquid back in now, see how it fares. I don't even like it so far, smells lovely, tastes like manky dish water, but I paid for it so I'll vape it.

I was getting problems like this. I now only buy juice from a few places. It was always the juice. The cotton would be black after a day and taste horrible.

Back
Top Bottom