What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

In praise of the Reload X

Lubed the o-rings?
Bought a second one in stainless steel and the cap snaps on perfectly and very easily. Treated myself to Rage dual battery squonker and I absolutely love the pairing so much it makes me wet 'down there'...........

Here you go, the Reload X on top of the Ohm Boy Rage

IMG_0160.JPG

Going to add a full new post on this as I think it deserves highlighting, but while I'm a bit on the fence as to whether I'd praise the Reload X (more on that at the bottom), I definitely want to praise Reload's customer service.

I contacted them about a little over a week ago to say that the gold plating was flaking off from the grub screws that bite down on the coil legs and ask them if they could let me know if the screws were something standard that I could go out and buy in stainless steel as I really don't want to risk inhaling toxic gold flakes (not an "angry consumer email - just a heads up and a question). I'd backed one out to play with coil positioning, thought there was a little clapton wire that had come of my coil and when I wiped the screw on my t-shirt it was left with tonnes of flecks of gold plating. Did this with the other four and had the same results. Their response was to say don't worry about trying to find replacement screws, we'll send you some (not a problem that I'm in the UK). Couple of days later they sent me an email to let me know they'd sent it out DHL and this morning the package was delivered with 12 screws, spare peek insulater for the 510 pin and a spare squonk pin.

Needless to say, I was floored by this, and just want to give them a shout out for being incredible (District f5ve also have been incredibly helpful via email when I scratched up my SS top cap. Asked them for the finish grade of buffing so I didn't under or over polish, and thought they might just ignore, but no, they asked their production manager and as soon as I get time I'm going to get it looking good again). Not had the best of interactions with retailers in the vaping industry (some have been excellent, some down right dismal), so never sure how manufacturers are going to respond, but massive thumbs up for Reload.

As to the atty, not sure if it's for me. Think the airflow sits too much in the middle, maybe, for my tastes. Like my dual coils to be really quite airy, and singles to be really quite restricted, so thought I'd enjoy something in between. Not sure I do. Also, mostly like crisp fruit flavours, where as this seems to work real well with creamier liquids (Charlie's Chalk Dust Peach, Papaya and Coconut is even better in it and Wick Liquor's Deja Voodoo was something I'd bought, not really cared for, and then just guzzled in the Reload). Guessing it'd be great with desserts, but they're not something I enjoy.

That's great customer service

Genuinely over the moon with it. Pretty sure that the rda is going to go up on the chopping block next time I need to fund something, although tempted to hold on to it, just out of love for the response I got. Although still holding out on that decision as I'm waiting on some SS316L round wire to try another different build in it. Stuck some NI80 24G flat wire in it yesterday (0.24 build) and I like it more like that than the 0.18 dual core fused claptons that I tend to go with. Also put some tri-core aliens (at 0.11) in it when I first got it, and the flavour was incredible, but the thickness of the top cap meant the top cap got really hot and just didn't dissipate.

Back
Top Bottom