What's new

In Praise of Ekowool

Digicig

Postman
Got some 2mm Ekowool from Cloud 9 as i really haven't had much joy with normal silica wick. I mean that i haven't really liked using it ;) It frays quite easily and separates into separate strands etc, that make it a bit of a PITA.

Whilst expensive seeming to start at basically a tenner for 5m having thought about it i'd have spent that much on about the same length of standard silica - so actually pretty good ;)

I've been using it for a week or so, and have found it to be a relative joy to use, as it can be flamed easily, doesn't fall apart and even likely to get cleaned, and re-used too rather than used and binned.

It also wicks very well, and if rinsed/flamed delivers better clarity of flavour than most of the other silica wick i've used - from a variety of Vendors.

Used it in Spheroid, SS Dream, Evods, and had better results (wicking, flavour clarity etc) than with other types tried thus far.

So big hand for Ekowool - a Joy to Rebuild and Vape with :worship:

Just noticed also available from LT Ecigs in meter lengths too.

Last edited:
Well all I can say is the stuff I have that I thought was Ecowool cannot be it!!

The stuff I have frays if you just look at it..........it's a royal PITA.

Well all I can say is the stuff I have that I thought was Ecowool cannot be it!!

The stuff I have frays if you just look at it..........it's a royal PITA.

It is Roger 3mm mate, if its the stuff I gave you as it came from C9V :),

You got a Pic Roger? Seems Martyn was having the same issue a while ago.

20130512_173027_zps0633c227.jpg

Here you go...........it's even fraying in the bloody bag!

OK - it doesn't come unraveled, separate etc and i use Nail Clippers to cut it and haven't noticed it fraying - to be more accurate then ;)

thats 3mm ekowool Rog, as above use nail clippers, a dual coil with the stuff

no issues :) oh and scissors as catherine took the nail clippers away that weekend lol

Back
Top Bottom