What's new

IGO-L

Update:

Coiled the igo-l with .20 kanthal a1 & 2mm silica, it came out at 1.7ohm so chucked it on the box mod and it started off going like a train :D but all of a sudden started getting a burnt kind of hit even though it was covered in juice... any ideas guys?

Joshyboy

Update:

Coiled the igo-l with .20 kanthal a1 & 2mm silica, it came out at 1.7ohm so chucked it on the box mod and it started off going like a train :D but all of a sudden started getting a burnt kind of hit even though it was covered in juice... any ideas guys?

Joshyboy

Sounds like a loose bit of coil somewhere ;)

Sounds like a loose bit of coil somewhere ;)

That does make sense, did have a little bit of a faff with them bloody little screws lol, should the wick be tight in against the post ? as i heard that shouldn't be done so it's a little way from the posts, closer to the airhole if that makes any sense?

That does make sense, did have a little bit of a faff with them bloody little screws lol, should the wick be tight in against the post ? as i heard that shouldn't be done so it's a little way from the posts, closer to the airhole if that makes any sense?

Yep that's right mate, make sure the coils touching the wick and not loose, you don't want the coil so tight it strangles the wick but not too loose either :)

Yep that's right mate, make sure the coils touching the wick and not loose, you don't want the coil so tight it strangles the wick but not too loose either :)

Cheers fella, when i get home from work i'm gunna rebuild it again, hopefully get it at 1.5ohm, 3/4 wraps should do the trick, would you recommend .20 or .25 for 2mm wick or i do have some 3mm wick aswell...

Will let you know how i get on :)

Cheers fella, when i get home from work i'm gunna rebuild it again, hopefully get it at 1.5ohm, 3/4 wraps should do the trick, would you recommend .20 or .25 for 2mm wick or i do have some 3mm wick aswell...

Will let you know how i get on :)

On a mech mod and 3mm wick I do 4 wraps of .20 kanthal, 9 times out of 10 it is 1.3 ohms and spot on for me :)

Nope single 3mm and if I use 2mm I double it

Hmm choices choices, guess if i use the 3mm not doubled then i could have quite a length of wick and pull it round the well and under the coil? (Or am i totally wrong)

Back
Top Bottom