POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register
  1. The POTV Charity Fundraising Event for 2019 is go! Check out the prizes and make your donations here.
    Dismiss Notice

i know these are meant to be fiddly until you get the hang of them but f*ck me...

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Mods and Devices' started by m0th, Jun 11, 2014.

1. fay69

fay69 Achiever

I've just been given a kraken by my bro. It's wicked with brake cable?! Is this safe or should I strip it and re do it. It's vaping beautifully.

2. B1mble

B1mble Postman

Stainless steel rope is a popular wick for Genesis type devices. As long as it is clean it'll be fine.

Sent from a phone. Probably.

• Thank Thank x 1
  3. BucketMod

BucketMod Postman

You might be right, but I would think that the properties found in brake cable are not of the finest quality, nor are they tested or meant to be heated.

• Thank Thank x 1
  4. pogle

pogle Postman

fay69 ss rope looks like brake cable-as long as theres a mesh wrap under your coils around the part that protrudes above the deck you'll be fine,especially if your little bro's been using it-should be nicely broken in.

5. fay69

fay69 Achiever

There is a mesh wrap. It is actual brake cable though :eek: He has a garage and just cut a length. I didn't believe him at first but he showed me how he'd done it. I think it looks a little bit coarser than the ss rope I've looked at online.

6. BucketMod

BucketMod Postman

See,I would imagine that high-quality brake cable would be a lot more pure and low-quality brake cable, who knows what exact material was used. Maybe all brake cable could be used safely, but I just don't know. When in doubt, throw it out.

7. pogle

pogle Postman

Thought you were joking when you said brake cable LOL.
    As you said though,its vaping beautifully so it sounds like your brother knows what hes doing-the only thing that could be a problem would be if the rope wasn't well torched first to remove any oil,grease etc,but i'd guess you'd taste that.