What's new

How to get rid of machine oil on rda???

filled her up an chucking the clouds.
Its a lot better than before, can't taste or smell whatever machine oil was on it. Maybe it was just me being too picky.
Will try out some other flavours and see how it goes.

Got a vanilla custard in here mixed with cream, tasting nice. But not as good as the derringer. Maybe I should close all the air holes on this velocity rda an see how it goes. Got a dual build setup on it at the moment.

filled her up an chucking the clouds.
Its a lot better than before, can't taste or smell whatever machine oil was on it. Maybe it was just me being too picky.
Will try out some other flavours and see how it goes.

Got a vanilla custard in here mixed with cream, tasting nice. But not as good as the derringer. Maybe I should close all the air holes on this velocity rda an see how it goes. Got a dual build setup on it at the moment.
Told ya lol

That was some tenacious machine oil- I must have been lucky because in all my RBA,RTAs and a couple of drippers, the most I ever did was washing liquid and toothbrush - and been lucky, or maybe my taste buds are just screwed up and can't notice the oil taste.
Glad that you finally got it vapable.

I always put a load of fairy liquid on it wipe it down with a cotton bud if it needs it then give it 6-8 minutes in a sonic cleaner with fairly in warm water then rinse

You'll not find any in bargain booze

there is none in any shops/chemists. I might order it online so at least I have it at hand as there have been a few occasions when I have needed this stuff and had to use alternatives.

there is none in any shops/chemists. I might order it online so at least I have it at hand as there have been a few occasions when I have needed this stuff and had to use alternatives.

surprised the chemist doesnt have any alcohol/spirits, its one of the normal things they carry. i got a big bottle of 'antibac' from the one here.

I do bourbon and coke with dawn dishwashing soap. Dawn is pretty darn effective in cleaning and the bourbon and coke for relaxing me while I clean;)

update

okay so I thought I'd update this thread. after vaping on this rda from time to time I can still taste an smell machine oil or something funny on this thing. I'm not being fussy or anything but I can tell something is there. I mean if I stick on any other tank that I have then that's how I can really tell. I have gotten really fed up of cleaning this tank so contacted the seller for a full refund as I aint keeping or using this no more.

I will chalk this up to a one off purchase that's turned out bad.

I mean I have had tanks and another rda before with never such issues, heck I've never even cleaned them this much as I have with this velocity clone and they work as they should and give perfectly good taste.

Given the above, I will still get another velocity as the size and style of it is really good just ashame mine had issues.

Thanks again to everyone who helped out :)

*Update* - contacted the seller and he has said that the oil has made the insulator smell. He's offered to send another one.
Is that right? Ive agreed to him sending another one out, ill give it the one clean and see how that is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom