What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How to get rid of machine oil on rda???

went to a few local chemists today as well as boots and superdrug but none of them had any rubbing alcohol.

Instead I picked up Surgical Spirit from boots, will this work? Also how long do I leave the atty and all its parts in the surgical spirit to be soaked?
I already have the O-rings off, not bothered assembling or trying it out since all the cleaning I did on it yday as I can still smell the machine oil on it today.

Last edited:
surgical spirit is pretty much rubbing alcohol. just let them sit for a bit and go over them with cotton buds and tissue til u are satisfied they are free from oil.
you'll know its clean when the cotton/tissue is clean after being used to dry/clean the alcohol off.

Be sure that all the alcohol/spirit is dried off (evaporated) from all parts inside and out before u reassemble and use your parts,

surgical spirit is pretty much rubbing alcohol. just let them sit for a bit and go over them with cotton buds and tissue til u are satisfied they are free from oil.
you'll know its clean when the cotton/tissue is clean after being used to dry/clean the alcohol off.

Be sure that all the alcohol/spirit is dried off (evaporated) from all parts inside and out before u reassemble and use your parts,

Thanks!

Sorry to be a pain but how long roughly do you mean when you say "just let them sit for a bit...." , ie. are we talking minutes or hours here? just want to be sure incase I don't over do it.

I will wash it with some hot water mixed with fairy liquid after I've done the above surgical spirit method.

not long, just enough to swish it over and wet it, up to a minute really. you'll be doing the most of the cleaning with cotton tips if u have them or tissue.
just give them a thorough clean til you are happy u got all the oil off. not really hard to go wrong.

not long, just enough to swish it over and wet it, up to a minute really. you'll be doing the most of the cleaning with cotton tips if u have them or tissue.
just give them a thorough clean til you are happy u got all the oil off. not really hard to go wrong.

thank you!
I will give it a go.

can still notice a smell there :( When I cleaned it using the surgical spirit and cotton buds then there was no residue or dirt coming off, the cotton buds were clean after wiping down the atty. I wiped every inch an corner as much as I could, including the posts, underneath threading.

I've still got it left drying out, will put it back together tomorrow and give it a try. If I get any bad taste of that crap in my mouth then I'm just going to have to send it back or put a claim in or something cause the amount of time that I have spent cleaning this thing has been overkill.
Its shining and looking newer than it came out the box but that damn smell is doing my head in.

Thank you to everyone who got in touch and for being so helpful, really appreciate it!

My subtank plus had the smell I gave it one good wash could still smell it slightly, tbh I filled it up and vapes away couldn't taste anything dodgy so all good I suppose :0

can still notice a smell there :( When I cleaned it using the surgical spirit and cotton buds then there was no residue or dirt coming off, the cotton buds were clean after wiping down the atty. I wiped every inch an corner as much as I could, including the posts, underneath threading.

I've still got it left drying out, will put it back together tomorrow and give it a try. If I get any bad taste of that crap in my mouth then I'm just going to have to send it back or put a claim in or something cause the amount of time that I have spent cleaning this thing has been overkill.
Its shining and looking newer than it came out the box but that damn smell is doing my head in.

Thank you to everyone who got in touch and for being so helpful, really appreciate it!
Might be fine once filled up and ya start vaping it

Might be fine once filled up and ya start vaping it

You never know?

Did you try boiling it in a saucepan with some water and a dishwash tablet? If that doesn't shift the smell nothing will. But will remove any sliver plating if there is any on the 510.

if there's only smell there then give it a scrub over with bicarb or baking powder in warm water and rinse off after. it might work.

Back
Top Bottom