What's new

How to get rid of machine oil on rda???

viper

Achiever
Hi,

I have been trying to get this machine oil off my new rda that I bought which is the velocity clone but I can't seem to get the smell away! :(
First when I got it , I cleaned it using my normal way which is soaking it up in hot soapy water then rinse and air dry but after I did one build on it , I could still smell and taste it.

Today I completely took it apart, the screws and the O-rings. I got a small plastic container, put some dish washing detergent in it (Fairy liquid), added boiling hot water, then some vinegar and some salt, stirred it up then chucked in all the parts and let it stay in there for around 15mins. I then gave it a wash with a sponge then rinsed all the parts off. I then done this again, this time without salt or vinegar. Still the smell was there.

I tried to look for some alcohol cleaning products whilst I was out in a store but couldn't find any but found elbow grease which said it removed machine oil etc. So I ended up getting that and sprayed some onto the parts an let it soak up for a bit, came back and wiped them down with a clean cloth. I sprayed some more on and wiped it down again then rinsed them out.
Finally I chucked them into a plastic container with just boiling water, no soap or anything. I've let it sit for around half an hour and I can still smell the machine oil!

Can someone please advise me on how the hell I can remove this stuff??? What else can I get from the stores that will really remove this stuff??

I'm at a point of just complaining to the seller and sending this back.

Well ultrasonic cleaners are great but otherwise Miltons sterilising tabs, rubbing Alcohol (chuck it in for overnight) it doesnt smell as much as Surgical Spirit which is also good, oh those denture cleaning tablets, Steradent? They are like Miltons.
Vodka, people say it is good but they also drink it after the nightsoak and loose their vision.

Soak them in Cola for an Hour or Two and then Hot soapy water, give them a good rinse and your good to go!!! I've got an Ultrasonic cleaner but I always give any new attie's a soak in the coke first!!!

I had one and couldn't get taste out it turned out to be a bit of swarf stuck down one of the post holes.
When i got my chuthulu put it straight in the ultrasonic and you could see the machine oil oozing out of the deck.

I soak for a few minutes in alcohol (meths will do) but not too long as the orings may swell, followed by a good scrub with neat fairy liquid. If this doesn't work, i do this only for unpainted stainless only, as will damage paint, aluminium, copper, silver, glass etc: disassemble, remove o rings and use a dishwasher tablet in a pan of hot water and soak for a while. Dont overdo it or leave unattended.

where can I get Miltons Sterilizing tablets from? Does dishwasher tablets work?
Coke? your winding me up right lol Don't see that one working but I do have coke lying about.

Can I get rubbing alcohol from Tesco or some other big supermarket store?

Last edited:
Milton steralising tablets are what you use for baby's bottles etc. Have a look in that section of pharmacy/supermarket

I've just used some Arctic clean thermal paste remover and Arctic clean purifier after that, has a nice citrus smell. Wiped it down.

Now I have thrown the parts into a container with boiling water and a dishwasher tablet and stuck the lid on. How long should I leave it in there for??

Hope this works, fingers crossed.

thanks

viper ...cleaning with coke is not trolling fella .its quite widely used and is very effective ..dont leave you atty in there too long tho ...it is corrosive long term ....but shit hot for cleaning atties

Back
Top Bottom