What's new

How long does your ss wick last?

I don't use anything smaller than .20 Kanthal (32ga). Now I mostly use 30 or 28ga. If they gunk up, I use a little kids toothbrush to knock the crud off and give 'em a quick dry burn. If they're really grody I'll use the steamer wand of my espresso machine to blast it clean.

Wow that's impressive. I normally recoil once a week!!! How do you keep your coils lasting so well?

I thought the same mate, just done 2 tonight, i could not get the cobra set up right but just done the Ihybrid and the bliss which was even smaller and both vaping like trains
first lighty burned the piece of mesh
then hot and in water 3 times
then boiled the wick for a couple of mins in a pan (read this kills off the metallic taste no idea how true it is)
then burned 3 times in juice
then the drill bit method
then a few mins with a cocktail stick kill off the hotspot on the top
and bingo done

I got one of these from work bloody brilliant to help the set up
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-...Q&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357939682&sr=1-3

best 49p i spent

carl

Just bought one Carlos thanks for heads up, paid £2.85 as I have amazon prime so free delivery

I don't use anything smaller than .20 Kanthal (32ga). Now I mostly use 30 or 28ga. If they gunk up, I use a little kids toothbrush to knock the crud off and give 'em a quick dry burn. If they're really grody I'll use the steamer wand of my espresso machine to blast it clean.
Thanks for that. I finally can justify buying that coffee machine I treated myself to last Christmas :D

This is maybe where I am going wrong...... I only burn it before and after rolling. Never heard of the boiling or even the burning with juice before. Maybe this is why I am having wicking problems??

This is maybe where I am going wrong...... I only burn it before and after rolling. Never heard of the boiling or even the burning with juice before. Maybe this is why I am having wicking problems??
I burn it, then roll it, then burn and dowse 3 times then juice and burn 3 times. Better safe then sorry :)
what a difference a day makes! I redid mine this morning and it's working a treat again. I thought I'd lost my ss mojo yesterday. You gotta know when to roll em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away......

Thanks, I may have a go again tomorrow.

So after you have burnt it, rolled it and burnt it again, you dip it in juice and burn it off, yes?

Thanks, I may have a go again tomorrow.

So after you have burnt it, rolled it and burnt it again, you dip it in juice and burn it off, yes?
Yep, I drip juice on to it until it won't hold anymore then burn it off. It's good fun, nice amount of flames and spitting juice and it smells lush :)

Yep, I drip juice on to it until it won't hold anymore then burn it off. It's good fun, nice amount of flames and spitting juice and it smells lush :)

What juice do you use, guess you don't use the good stuff, got some mesh turning up Monday hopefully :)

If you're gonna go the juice burn route, you can get some plain USP grade VG at most groceries or pharmacies. At least here you can. Unless you've got some really nasty juice you just need to get rid of. :D

Back
Top Bottom