What's new

How long does your ss wick last?

Purplefowler

Administrator
Staff member
I've been using the same wick for about 2 months now and take it out at least a week to burn it off before recoiling it. It still seems to work fine although I'm not sure if I'm getting quite the same full effect or if that's just in my head. How long do you keep and reuse your mesh wicks?

I'm on my second ever wick, and it's only the second cos I trimmed the first one the first time I took it out and made it too short. About the same as you though 6 weeks to 2 months ish so far and still going strong.

If I ever get one to feckin work, ill let you know.....
I feel your pain tonight. I've been really lucky so far but tonight it just ain't happening. I decided to make a new wick just cos I'm bored. Bad move, it tasted rank and the coil just wouldn't work. So I shoved in my old friend and whacked a coil on it and it's hot spot city. I've done about 3 now and I just can't get it right. The last few I've done recently have been great, no messing so I think I'm just having a bad night. It's just about vapable so I'll use it tonight and try again tomorrow. When it's good it's good but when it's bad.....

If I ever get one to feckin work, ill let you know.....

I thought the same mate, just done 2 tonight, i could not get the cobra set up right but just done the Ihybrid and the bliss which was even smaller and both vaping like trains
first lighty burned the piece of mesh
then hot and in water 3 times
then boiled the wick for a couple of mins in a pan (read this kills off the metallic taste no idea how true it is)
then burned 3 times in juice
then the drill bit method
then a few mins with a cocktail stick kill off the hotspot on the top
and bingo done

I got one of these from work bloody brilliant to help the set up
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-...Q&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357939682&sr=1-3

best 49p i spent

carl

I've got five that are over 4 months old. Only had to recoil one so far. I mucked it up during cleaning. I have 5 others that are 1 to 3 months old.

I thought the same mate, just done 2 tonight, i could not get the cobra set up right but just done the Ihybrid and the bliss which was even smaller and both vaping like trains
first lighty burned the piece of mesh
then hot and in water 3 times
then boiled the wick for a couple of mins in a pan (read this kills off the metallic taste no idea how true it is)
then burned 3 times in juice
then the drill bit method
then a few mins with a cocktail stick kill off the hotspot on the top
and bingo done

I got one of these from work bloody brilliant to help the set up
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-...Q&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357939682&sr=1-3

best 49p i spent

carl
Boiled it! Not heard that one before!

I've got five that are over 4 months old. Only had to recoil one so far. I mucked it up during cleaning. I have 5 others that are 1 to 3 months old.
Wow that's impressive. I normally recoil once a week!!! How do you keep your coils lasting so well?

I know some people that will boil their wick before doing anything else. I think a good torching before rolling & after it's rolled burns off all the residual impurities... but that's just my opinion.

I like the burning bit, especially after dousing with juice. All that hissing and popping is just fantastic, it's like those indoor fireworks without the one that looks like cat poo :D

Back
Top Bottom