What's new

Help please rta leaking through airholes

Mac_1

Hi all,
I recently bought my 1st RTA, the KAEES Aladdin MTL. Unfortunately it's leaking badly through the airholes both with the 2ml glass and bubbleglass. I just can't see what I'm doing wrong so any advice would be hugely appreciated.
Ps I'm using Coilology MTL coils 28GA 2.5mm 0.9ohm and cotton bacon prime

Post a pic of your build it can only be 2 things coil placement or wicking issue so with a pic we should be able to offer advice [emoji4]

It's probably one of the most frustrating things lol.

Learning to wick requires patience, peace, quite and focus.

As above post a pic :)

I have 2 of these and never had a leak, are you closing the airflow on the bottom ring before filling? I have the cotton not quite touching the deck and I always tip it upside down and open the airflow then turn it back the right way up, it releases the vacuum that has built up in the tank.

Post a pic of your build it can only be 2 things coil placement or wicking issue so with a pic we should be able to offer advice
emoji4.png
Post a pic of your build it can only be 2 things coil placement or wicking issue so with a pic we should be able to offer advice [emoji4]
Thanks for the replies. The coil seem tiny and I'm not getting much cotton through as a result.
IMG_20200612_002433.jpg
IMG_20200612_000715.jpg

Thanks for the replies. The coil seem tiny and I'm not getting much cotton through as a result.
View attachment 220501 View attachment 220502
Raise the coil up until the top of the coil is level with the top of your post, stop the leg blocking the center of the coil then wick it with enough cotton that you feel it moving the coil slightly as you twist it through, cut to the lengths you have then fluff the ends and slowly tease them down into the wicking channel so they stay fluffed and are just rested inside [emoji4]

Last edited:
Raise the coil up until the top of the coil is level with the top of your post, stop the leg blocking the center of the coil then wick it with enough cotton that you feel it moving the coil slightly as you twist it through, cut to the lengths you have then fluff the ends and slowly tease them down into the wicking channel so they stay fluffed and are just rested inside [emoji4]
Cheers I'll give that a go tonight

Back
Top Bottom