What's new

HELP, coil not glowing at all!

camiyya

Hi! So I decided to let go of my beloved Aspire Zelos and head towards RTAs. Please bare in mind this is the first time building, and mainly looked at youtube videos and such...
So I purchased the Zeus RTA by Geekvape, as it is supposed to be easy to use with a single coil. Using the aspire seeder mod with it. Now I am also using pre-built coil as I am a beginner and didn't want to make things to complicated to begin with.
So I unscrewed the little screws, put a coil in, tighten it nicely, straightened it, but when trying to firing it up, it's just not glowing red at all! instead, I get a bit of smoke coming outand a burning smell... I tried again with a different coil and does the same!!! The ohms are being read correctly by the mod each time, so not sure what I am doing wrong... attached the picture:
20180421_120435.png
20180421_120430.png

If the ohms are reading then it should be ok.

It is normal to smoke a little at first, burning off the oils from the fingers/machine that wound it.

What ohm is the coil reading and what wattage does the mod run to?

I ask because the coil looks like some multi-strand type that often have a slow ramp up.

You will have to bed the coil in, and it it takes a long time to ramp up (the time between pressing the button and seeing it glow) then you might want to up the wattage.

See this video, from 12:30 onwards...

If you don't have ceramic tweezers, only "fettle" the coil without the button pressed, as metal tweezers will short circuit it and will get hot too.

Back
Top Bottom