What's new

haaalp!

As well as a vaping ohm-meter with a 510 connector for screwing the Atty into it's worth getting a normal digital multi-meter. That way you can test all the connections in your mod and the voltage when firing with only one battery in each slot to ensure you are not just stressing one of them.

As well as a vaping ohm-meter with a 510 connector for screwing the Atty into it's worth getting a normal digital multi-meter. That way you can test all the connections in your mod and the voltage when firing with only one battery in each slot to ensure you are not just stressing one of them.

Good point, find the problem - before the solution.

When looking at the charge/discharge they seem to be discharging at the same rate so I would have thought the load on each would be similar. I have a nitnitecore d2 which shows me current voltage.

Just to clarify, the thing is only getting hot following use right ? Not when it's just sitting ?

Sounds like normal heat transfer from atty to mod. You could get a heat sink adapter as one idea. Not sure who sells 'em though. Or build a higher res coil.... Or embrace the heat ;)...Unless it's dangerous of course. You say there's no battery rattle so the springs are doing their job. If you're using flat top batts then you can't go shorter to avoid squashing the new springs, which could well happen & then you're right back here again. Dunno, as long as all connections are solid & there's no shorts it seems normal, just watch those low low res coils. Make sure the batteries are not getting hot too.

[video]https://youtu.be/Bm61Xarl00w[/video]

I can see why the springs would get over compressed !

The springs don't get over compressed, I've been using this one constantly for the last week solid and change the batteries every day without any problems..If there's a problem with his springs, it should be easy to sort just by expanding the spring a little bit.

Mods can get hot, as a rule of thumb for me as I vape at .2 if the mod gets really hot take the batteries out and press the against your lips, if they're warm-hot it's probably not a good mod to be vaping that low on regardless if there's an issue or not.

It does sound like heat transfer - and the arctic would def leave the mod cooler.

If drippers are causing excessive heat build up you can get heat sinks that act like a spacer between the atty/mod - a little stack of fins to help get rid of the heat before it reachs the mod.

I've not had reason to use one but i'm sure someone else mentioned them in another thread. The theory behind them seems sounds. Mighy be worth a crack?

Back
Top Bottom