What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

haaalp!

dan holton

Postman
I recently purchased a dos equis clone which I love the look of with my royal hunter. when I first started with it one of the springs collapsed slightly and has very little tension but from what I can see still makes connection with the batteries. The thing I am worried about is the top of the mod and my rba gets really hot. currently have 6 wraps 22awg with 3mm internal diameter which is kicking around 0.2ohms with 2 Samsung 25r.

I am a little concerned that there is something a little fishy going on and I'm not too sure how to correct it. This is my first mech as I usually use a sigelie 100w which is my go to mod. I was looking for something a little smaller but this just worries me.

Could it be an issue with the dripper as when I use it on my sig, the sig gets warm too. but when I have my Arctic on both with the 0.5ohm coil both seem to stay cool.

I am just lost of how to correct this and getting to the point I just want rid of both.

If someone with a little more experience can help and give more of an insight it would be great.

Thanks in advanced.

I guess that at 0.2ohm the base of the rda & the top of the mech are bound to get warm pretty quick. As for the collapsed spring, have you got any pictures ? I'm not familiar with the mod.

Edit that, just realized it isn't a mech.

The Dos equis, is a mechanical mod and the firing switch is of a reed type...I'm using one right now...The only springs are in the battery compartment.

These could be stretched out if there is a poor connection, but they are press fit into the base...and should have a tight fit.

If it's the top of the mod then I'd be looking for a short in the atty....0.2ohms is pretty low....put it on an ohm meter and see if it's OK...Check the coils for shorting, and if it still continues I'd just build another coil with a safer resistance.

from looking 0.2 seemed pretty safe but I'm not one to say. as said one of the springs in the base compressed more then the other which was a concern and I'm waiting for a replacement spring. but the top of the mod gets pretty hot aswell as the rda which was a concern to me. I can't see any short and ohms seem solid when on my sigelie. I'm currently waiting for an ohm meter.

Sounds like The top of the mod is heating up via heat transfer from the atty.

Have you tried another atty on the mod ??

I only have 1 rda but when using my Arctic on it is didn't seem to have any issues

I'm currently waiting for an ohm meter.

You NEED one of these to use a mech safely....

currently have 6 wraps 22awg with 3mm internal diameter which is kicking around 0.2ohms with 2 Samsung 25r.

You mean you dont know exactly ???

I am a little concerned that there is something a little fishy going on and I'm not too sure how to correct it.

Don't use it till you can put it on an Ohm meter...Mech's can be dangerous in the wrong hands....

Last edited:
I have stopped using it, I understand the risks on venting, hard shorting etc. I just wanted to know if anyone had similar experiences

Give it a shake, is there any battery rattle??

Can you lever the springs so they are equal?

Using the arctic will leave the mod cooler as there is a large hollow section at the bottom which you are sucking air through which will cool things not to mention all the extra material to dissipate the heat of a coil that is over twice the resistance you are comparing it too.

Good to see you've stopped using it until you have an answer.

Around 0.2 ohms? So it could be 0.16- 0.24, depending on how the sig reads things. Not used one so i don't know.

I'm all for sub-ohming your nuts off but to build down to approx .2 without properly checking it on a reader, its a bit daft. Call it it excitment/enthusiasm but do as you have and keep it parked until you've got everything in order.

For the record i find 0.4 at least 10 times more pleasurable than 0.2 on a mech.

Nice mod by the way.

If I lever the spring once I put it back it just returnes to normal. also can't feel any battery rattle. hopefully I will have my ohm reader in the coming days.

Back
Top Bottom