What's new

Goblin RTA too warm?

Yeah, I do have a fair bit more wick than that in the channels. I thought it wouldn't be enough as some people seem to have pretty much filled the channels with wick. Weird.

I didn't tuck it in or pack it down I just screwed the chimney on and it went in naturally try less wick so it just reaches the deck

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Wicking looks good to me, I am lung hitting in minimode, half airhole as we speak and the drip tip isn't even getting warm when chaining.
Very odd.
*edit*
.. and now thanks to trying that I am very dizzy and having trouble seeing the screen through the fog.
fog_240.jpg

Last edited:
Goblin doesn't need wick in the channels at all, just a few strands. Never had a dry hit from it with 80vg. Chain vaping 25-30w

I like my Goblin about 0.8ohms with 0.35mm (I think) Kanthal. Not overly warm. Got 0.6 in there at the moment 0.8 performs better for me.

Have mh goblin at 0.4 using 26g around a 2.5m former. Use it on a mech so about 35 watts, can lung hit it all day, no dry hits and not overly warm.

The wicks i pretty much cut flush with the deck, juice them up, put the chamber on and this will move them around as you screw down, i use a little screw driver to straighten it all out and a bit of kanthal to poke a fee strands down the juice channels, whack the chimney on and bobs ya mothers brother.

wonder if i was because I was using 28 gauge maybe thats why it seemed warm at higher watts but the same resistance, nice to see other peoples experiences and setup styles , just got some 27, 26 and 24 gauge today

wonder if i was because I was using 28 gauge maybe thats why it seemed warm at higher watts but the same resistance, nice to see other peoples experiences and setup styles , just got some 27, 26 and 24 gauge today

I've found the thinner the wire the faster it heats up so yeh, makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom