Goblin RTA too warm?

charlieb

Initiate
Hi guys , I have just got myself a few rta's to play with , I bought

a UD goblin clone
a goblin clone
a silverplay clone
an orchid v6 clone

The silverplay i haven't built yet so thats mute, but i built the orchid at 0.8 ohms vaping @20 watts and its pretty lush nice cool juicy vape , then i built the goblin exactly the same 0.8 @20 watts and its seems very warm , too waarm infact even though the airflow is massive , i haven't had any problems with leaking or gurgling the build looks sound and neat and tidy just the vape seems hot on the goblin i positioned the coils about 2.5 mm above the air holes same as the orchid , the goblin isn't in the tall mode with the the longer chimney maybe thats why.

I was just wondering if anyone had the same issues as me , if its a mistake in coil position or if the goblin does just give a warm vape?

charlieb don't have a goblin... but some things that you could try. .. lower the coil position to be closer to the airflow could well help... using a longer drip tip or one which is wider or made of different material... such as delrin... higher ohms or lower watts... some tanks and drippers produce a warmer vape naturally than others... it may just be that ... but playing around with those factors and possibly a longer tank section if it exists should allow you to find your own sweet spot where it is a cooler vape... I also prefer a cooler vape... although I have a Derringer which also produces a slightly warmer vape... not so much so that I can't vape it... it's very compact.. so that can make a difference. .. am guessing is same smaller chamber that increases the warmth of your vape on the goblin. .. a lot of people prefer the warmer vape especially as lung hitters. .. I mouth to lung hit and prefer cooler because of this. .. you could try also doing lung hits with the goblin and see if that helps you...

yes thats good advice i tried a 0.57 ohm build last night with the longer tank section , i have been doing lung hits and its different , not sure if i am expecting too much , but compared to the orchid and the quasar dripper i started with doing lung hits its still warm compared maybe this rta is for those with cast iron throats lol

i'm currently doing lung hits on a kayfun light that i have opened the airflow on , 2.7mm on the deck and 2.2 mm on the positive pin , and thats smooth as a proverbial babies bottom , i'm using 90% vg juice too , not sure about this goblin , wish someone out there knew of a coolish build i could stick in without impacting my clouds too much

cheers charlie b

How is it wicking for you on 90VG? I have a 0.4 build in mine and get a pretty good vape from it, but can't bump the wattage past 20 or take more than a couple of hits in a row without starting to get a hint of dry burn from it. And that is on 50VG.

it seems to wick just fine for me , i did the wick similar to the kayfun style so it just touched the deck and i used a pin to just tuck it away from the air holes , i have no complaints about the build if anything its quite straight forward , not sure i liked the insulator being so close to the coils but they remained intact for now atleast , i'm begining to wonder if its the juice its a new flavour to me forest affair from t juice, i mixed it at 12% and 5mg nic , maybe i'm pushing to coil too far 20 watts might be too high for a 0.8 ohm build in that space , i like everything about the atty airflow etc , the 0.5 ohm build was a bit aggresive spitting quite a bit , i just don't want to burn my throat lol , i am relatively new to lung hits maybe thats also a contributary factor , but that said my quasar dripper produce immense wet dense vapour and its a comfortable cool vape , just don't know if its my fault/build or the atty does run warm

it seems to wick just fine for me , i did the wick similar to the kayfun style so it just touched the deck and i used a pin to just tuck it away from the air holes , i have no complaints about the build if anything its quite straight forward , not sure i liked the insulator being so close to the coils but they remained intact for now atleast , i'm begining to wonder if its the juice its a new flavour to me forest affair from t juice, i mixed it at 12% and 5mg nic , maybe i'm pushing to coil too far 20 watts might be too high for a 0.8 ohm build in that space , i like everything about the atty airflow etc , the 0.5 ohm build was a bit aggresive spitting quite a bit , i just don't want to burn my throat lol , i am relatively new to lung hits maybe thats also a contributary factor , but that said my quasar dripper produce immense wet dense vapour and its a comfortable cool vape , just don't know if its my fault/build or the atty does run warm

Any wick in the juice channels? That seems to be the generally recommend method, but doesn't appear to be working too good for me.

i fluffed the wick up as i have read on other posts think there is a yt vid too then i wet my wick and poked it up againgst the posts a little and when i screwed the chamber on i did notice the wick in the channels a bit but i didn't physically tuck it in my wick was cut quite short maybe you are trying to put too much wick in there hang on i'll post a pic

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1433498780.329979.jpgImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1433498803.420776.jpgImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1433498842.058340.jpgImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1433498868.633593.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

it looks like there is alot of cotton in the coil but it not much it just swelled with juice and was fluffed up by blowing on it

oh yeah and thats the 0.5 ohm build with red astaire juice all over it

Back
Top Bottom