What's new

Goblin, Goliath, Cthulhu, Zephyrus, Billow or other RTA

Koeshi

Achiever
Basically I like the look and reviews of the tanks mentioned in the title, in particular the Goblin, Cthulhu and Zephyrus. How do people think they stack up against each other and are there other RTAs that you think I am missing? For the record I am not a fan of the Kayfun style tanks, they just don't seem right for me.

I have all three, wasnt impressed with the Goblin, Cthulhu has great flavour but is a pain to build and maintain and a V2 is in the works. Ive wanted a Goliath for a while but couldnt get hold of one, the V2 is out soon, so holding off till then.

Zephyrus is my favourite tank atmo.

Last edited:
What did you find wrong with the Goblin and Cthulhu? I have heard nothing but good about them. And how do you know there is a V2 of the Cthulhu coming? Is there a pre-order for them?

What did you find wrong with the Goblin and Cthulhu? I have heard nothing but good about them. And how do you know there is a V2 of the Cthulhu coming? Is there a pre-order for them?

That would be telling.. ;)

Air flow and flavour is average at best on the Goblin, Cthulhu is a nightmare to use, plus machining on it is atrocious.

Okay, thanks for that. It is definitely different from what I have heard in the past.

So about the Cthulhu V2...

I have had the complete opposite experience with the cthulhu. The maching leaves alot to be desired but at 28 pounds I was not paying for machining. This tank does not leak (mine at least) its great, I can leave it on a table in the hot sun, chain vape it, hike with it. You name it and it just works. Very nice atty and for 28 or whatever the price its a great atomizer. Right now I got a tripke twisted 28 gauge wire on 2.5 mm drill bit. I have not had a good time with the top fill so i dont use itand fill from the bottom. Goblin is great and in terms of vape quality there is really not much between them but the cthulhu edges it for me because wicking is so straight forward and you know the end result everytime. Plan on getting both others at some point and will report back

The Cthulhu is a great tank once its built. Machining though is very dodgy in a number of places, having said that you can live with it if you really want one but it might piss you off building it. The allen key it comes with is absolute shite and bends like its made of kanthal. Order a decent 0.9mm allen key off ebay to sort that.

Flavour though is seriously good and the vapour is great. Drains juice seriously fast being a dual coil. Oh and version 2 of this tank is definitely coming.

The Goblin is a lovely wee bit of kit, whom ever was complaining about lack of airflow and taste is a very strange person indeed. Very strange!!

The only downside for the Goblin is a relatively small deck, coming straight from drippers it is still on the learning curve. Oh and if you get one put some plumbers PTFE tape on the fill screw!!

But, for me great flavour and airflow that betters a fair few drippers I've tried in the past.

The goblin was my first rta before I even got a dripper, don't know how anyone can have any problems building on the deck, I haven't had any problems and I'm a complete novice

Btw I love it, amazing bit of kit even if filling it is a bit of a pain

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

The goblin was my first rta before I even got a dripper, don't know how anyone can have any problems building on the deck, I haven't had any problems and I'm a complete novice

You're not a fumblethumbed old git with iffy fingers and piss poor eyes used to working with thick wires and big post holes then!! :D

Back
Top Bottom