What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

GForce Vapor Earth Mod V2 - it's a bit poo

timmi78

Hi all, first post for me!!

I made the mistake of purchasing a GForce Vapor Earth Mod V2 a while back.. not the best decision I've ever made but it seemed gimicky and a little different than other mods I already had so went for it.

Anyways after a short while it stopped firing and then started, stopped, started working when it liked which made for a really frustrating vape to say the least.. GForce Vapor appear to have disappeared and by all accounts the lad who owned the company has done a runner. I've also been told by one of their UK distributors that they had over 50% of their stock sent back for refunds. All had the same issue and now that GForce has disappeared they are unable to be reimbursed for the dodgy mods. To further their disappointment with GForce they are also owed 5 more mods they paid for??? Not the best vape company then I guess..

As the mod is sealed you can't just open it up to take a look at what's going on so for the longest time it's just collected dust as a useless paper weight..

I've searched around for fixes online but haven't come across anything so wanted to let anyone with the same problem know all is not lost!! I've now fixed a couple of earth mods so I'm pretty sure you may well have the same problem :)

Once you pry off the back cover you'll quickly realise why it was sealed.. it's a bit poo. Takes a bit of effort to pry it off and I did end up with a couple of small cracks but you can take a bit of 1200grit wet n dry to smooth things out after.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1501679484.925660.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1501679542.089493.jpg

Sorry for the dodgy pictures but you can see how cheaply made these things are.. not even sure if the gauge wire they are using is capable of delivering the punch it boasts about but you live and learn.

After getting the back off mine I did a simple test and jumped the two screws on the back of the switch to simulate a button press.. the mod fired my coils fine.. so to fix it I unscrewed the wires running to the switch and carefully removed the switch (less than a couple of minutes to do). The switches are really cheap tat so I swapped it out for one of these:

http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Mod-Makin...-Profile-Black-Switch?sort=p.price&order=DESC

And it fits perfectly :)

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1501680244.246717.jpg

It's never going to be a go to mod for me but this simple fix is a dam site better than trying to track down GForce for a refund or leaving it as a dusty paper weight.

Hope it helps someone out there!!

Take it easy guys :)

Tim

These always intrigued me. Is there any form of over discharge protection? Or is it literally the battery with a button?

Yeah keep huffing till it kills out the juice in the cell and then charge via USB. Looks like it just has the one board for the USB charger.

Can't see anything in there that would be clever enough to perform a low cell cut off.

That link to the button you shared says no product found. Any other recommendations for a button? I've got two of these broken mods...

Back
Top Bottom