What's new

For basic contact coils, how long do your coils last in your rdas?

I've had a 0.3ohm 24g nichrome build in one of my Kennedys for about 3 weeks now, re-wicked and a pulse/dry burn and clean every 4 or 5 days and it's still going strong.
I've also got a 22g Kanthal flatwire build in my Temple that's been in there for a good month or so. Same treatment as the coils in the Kennedy

I've had a 0.3ohm 24g nichrome build in one of my Kennedys for about 3 weeks now, re-wicked and a pulse/dry burn and clean every 4 or 5 days and it's still going strong.
I've also got a 22g Kanthal flatwire build in my Temple that's been in there for a good month or so. Same treatment as the coils in the Kennedy

Yea it does take a while (longer than a month) I've noticed (depending on the amount of power and frequency of the power being pushed through) for that degradation to take place, it definitely doesn't happen over night, I'd say I've noticed on average roughly about a month and a half until it begins to degrade in quality of vape a contact coil will give off. That is why they are so great compared to stock coils, because you can buy 100ft of wire for the price of two (or even one depending on the tank) stock coil(s) and depending on the type of coil it takes about 20mm to make a coil for the most part. Price comparison? Lol

Hi peeps, I'm eagerly awaiting the post today as it has my first EVER RDA in it! I've been vaping various tanks now for five years and have learned a lot. However a coil would last a week if I was lucky and then I'd have to replace it with an expensive shop bought one. Anyways I'm rambling - are you guys seriously saying I could get over a month out of a coil I build?! I can't wait for it to get here, I've got 48 quality pre built coils coming with it and have decided on testing duel alien coils first in my MVP 4 at around sixty watts. This seems to good to be true lol, really looking forward to this next step in my vaping experience.

In theory a basic roundwire build should indeed last weeks if not months with just a pulse and a brush out. The only issue that might arise over time is electroplating coming in from the atomiser itself

Hi peeps, I'm eagerly awaiting the post today as it has my first EVER RDA in it! I've been vaping various tanks now for five years and have learned a lot. However a coil would last a week if I was lucky and then I'd have to replace it with an expensive shop bought one. Anyways I'm rambling - are you guys seriously saying I could get over a month out of a coil I build?! I can't wait for it to get here, I've got 48 quality pre built coils coming with it and have decided on testing duel alien coils first in my MVP 4 at around sixty watts. This seems to good to be true lol, really looking forward to this next step in my vaping experience.

Congratulations on your step into rebuilding! I hope it is going well and I'm sorry it took so long to reply! Yes in theory the amount you purchased for coils would last your entire life if you wanted! Your just have to buy the cotton and juice of course. You should next jump in DIY mixing to save money on juice! Feel free to ask any questions if you have them! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom