What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

First time dripper, RDA advice

Could have used your tiny hands when I had my Fogger V2. ;) So fiddly, it was like the tank from hell for me. Actually when I did get that thing finally built, I washed the tank and then it slipped out my hands when drying it with tissue and the damn tank shattered. In disgust I threw the useless thing in the bin. Never buy a Fogger that's my motto.

Yeah flavour is great with Muji but due to the way it really soaks through I can see it causing problems with some builds. To be fair though if you vape it right away until the rda is empty the muji goes bone dry. As you said for a tank or even a dreaded genesis like a Kraken those straight fibres are really useful. It works the same for the Magma and the Veritas because they both have deep juice wells and the wicks draw it up. With shallower rda decks you either need more muji or more clump like wicking material such as cellucotton or organic. No doubt there is probably a better way of doing it with muji but at the moment I am not certain myself.

Well if I have any success with rewicking it this evening I will give you the heads up :)

My small hands are well known for being good at dealing with tiny electrical screws and retrieving the bastard bolt that just dropped down the back of the engine bay so a Fogger might be an ideal device LOL

Well if I have any success with rewicking it this evening I will give you the heads up :)

My small hands are well known for being good at dealing with tiny electrical screws and retrieving the bastard bolt that just dropped down the back of the engine bay so a Fogger might be an ideal device LOL

I hope it goes well for you. Actually I'm just rewicking my Tobh but this time I'm going with a 1cm width strip of muji, then rolling it.

Yeah maybe the Fogger will be ideal for you. For me its still the spawn of satan. :)

Good reading guys. @Chris_vapehead where did you get your Magma from? The leaking aspect doesn't sound appealing.

I appreciate all the info. I will definitely reread this thread once I have a dripper, and before that too. I'm leaning towards the Tobh right now, but as already mentioned it works best on dual coil. Ooh, I dunno.

Good reading guys. @Chris_vapehead where did you get your Magma from? The leaking aspect doesn't sound appealing.

I appreciate all the info. I will definitely reread this thread once I have a dripper, and before that too. I'm leaning towards the Tobh right now, but as already mentioned it works best on dual coil. Ooh, I dunno.

Well I don't want to state which vendor it was from since it would be bad form. To be honest its probably the Rda, the vendor isn't responsible. It may be because mine is a Tobeco clone. I don't know if the Infinite one has the same issues but I assume the juice/condensation still builds up.

Dishing out lots of random info to sort of help people out is what we are here for. :)

If you are intent at shopping at M-Vapes then you could consider the APO. Not a bad atty from the various reviews I've read. Advantage is you can close off the other airflow when running single coil. Not that deep a juice well though but as a first RDA for something to swap lots of flavours around on it may suit. I would check some reputable reviews if tempted or ask people here. Matt at M-Vapes is a great vendor but there also many others who are equally as good so don't feel bad if you want to shop around.

Chris_vapehead Sorry man, those two statements were separate. I wasn't implying the vendor was responsible. I just wanna know where to get one from, lol. Probably the leaking aspect is a flaw in the design of that clone wherever it's from.

Yeah I was asking where it's from to also get recommendations on other vendors. I do like to shop around, just I've only bought the Kayfun clone so far, never bought another RBA/RDA from anywhere else, so unsure what are good vendors. I got 'lucky' with Mvapes, but I wouldn't know who else to trust with RBA/RDA clones. As I already said, ultimately the choice will be mine. The info given is a great help, even if I personally end up making the wrong choice, that's down to me :)

Thanks,

lemon.

@Chris_vapehead Sorry man, those two statements were separate. I wasn't implying the vendor was responsible. I just wanna know where to get one from, lol. Probably the leaking aspect is a flaw in the design of that clone wherever it's from.

Yeah I was asking where it's from to also get recommendations on other vendors. I do like to shop around, just I've only bought the Kayfun clone so far, never bought another RBA/RDA from anywhere else, so unsure what are good vendors. I got 'lucky' with Mvapes, but I wouldn't know who else to trust with RBA/RDA clones. As I already said, ultimately the choice will be mine. The info given is a great help, even if I personally end up making the wrong choice, that's down to me :)

Thanks,

lemon.

I think it could also be because the Magma doesn't have O-rings. The entire thing is threaded so maybe that's why the juice leaks a bit. I did experiment trying to fit an O-ring on there but I didn't have one the right size or thickness.

Ok the places I have got rda's from are Angelfiremods, Grey Haze, M-Vapes. Plus a damn good authentic second hand Vulcan from the classifieds on this forum. Also got my Omega bought from someone on here who became a good mate and my Tobh was kindly sent to me by another friend on here. The Tobh I think he got from Fasttech but there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Stealthvape are an excellent vendor and do a few of their own RDA's. Bespin C3aPO, also the Clone Atty#1 etc. But the thing is they are made by them in house so it's not some dodgy knockoff or anything that you will be getting.

Check & Vape is a new vendor and he sells some quality cloned Rda's. Not many at present because he's only just started. Tugboat, Plumeveil, Magma, Veritas are his current offerings I think.

I bought my tobh from fasttech, they have several on offer, but I went for one of the more expensive (for them) which is described as 1:1, I have no idea if I actually is. I know my 4nine which was also described as 1:1 isn't as it is 51mm long in 18350 mode which kinda defeats the whole purpose of calling it a 4nine. However both work and I have no complaints about the functionality so far. They were cheap but took 4 weeks to arrive. I bought a magma from fasttech this week as well, (again the '1:1') because despite Chris_vapehead not having much luck with it, it is generally well thought of. If I were looking to buy clones in this country my first 3 ports of call would be M-Vapes, Elegant Vapour and Checkandvape, because the feedback and vendor communication I have seen is excellent although I haven't yet bought from any of them myself. That is not to rule anyone out you understand, I could run off a top 20 but I can't be arsed so 3 is all you are getting. One of the main reasons I selected the tobh in the first place was it's availability in copper as I was choosing a full copper setup, so I didn't pick it because it was the best option suggested to me, but because it suited my needs best if you see what I mean. At the end of the day you have to wave a finger in the air and hope you pick a good one, not every device suits every person, there is no one size fits all.

Diche. It's not really a case of not having much luck with the thing. It's more of a case of its quirks and stupid ways irritating me no end. It's vapes well and tastes well. I just can't stand the sticky fingers moments from that top cap/deck issue. Besides I don't believe the Tobeco one I have is 1:1. More like 3 in 1. :D

Also that insulator in it takes up way too much of the juice well for my liking. There I've had my mild rant. Do I feel better about the Magma? Nope. ;)

Chris_vapehead The APO looks nice. Didn't like the full copper ones, but as it has copper and steel, it's a nice balance for me. Sorry for being terribly thick, and I know we're on page 4 of this thread now, but I have some basic questions: When I first considered dripping, it was simply so I could change and try different flavours quicker. I don't really understand what the juice well is. I mean I think I do, just not sure, so could someone explain it to me. I thought a dripper had at the bottom a coil and you drip juice onto it. All this 'you can use for 1 hr coz it's got a deep juice well' is confusing me. I take it you can't change flavours if you got loads in this juice well thing, until it's used up?

Also another newbie question I shouldda asked earlier: When you drip onto cotton and the juice is gone, won't the coil burn the cotton straight away? How is it that you know you need to drip again before the coil burns the cotton? And if the answer is because the flavour starts to mute, then another question: If you then add a new flavour, won't it interact with the old flavour unless the cotton is bone dry. I'm so used to tanks, I just don't get it, lol.

Thanks for the vednor recommendations. I've used Voodoowool from Stealthvapes but found it to be rubbish for me. Seem like a decent vendor though. I'll check out the other vendors.

Thanks again,

lemon.

@Diche. It's not really a case of not having much luck with the thing. It's more of a case of its quirks and stupid ways irritating me no end. It's vapes well and tastes well. I just can't stand the sticky fingers moments from that top cap/deck issue. Besides I don't believe the Tobeco one I have is 1:1. More like 3 in 1. :D

Also that insulator in it takes up way too much of the juice well for my liking. There I've had my mild rant. Do I feel better about the Magma? Nope. ;)

I think the one I am getting is minus that blocky insulator, but only time will tell :)

Back
Top Bottom