What's new

First RTA Digiflavor Siren 22

lediscjockey

Postman
I'm thinking of getting the Digiflavor Siren 22 as my first RTA? Is it a good choice for a beginner like me who is just getting into rebuildables ? i want it only for mtl vaping.
or what about the sxk kayfun 5 clone.
I have been using the original nautilus for about 6 months or so and am very comfortable with it.
Also could you guys suggest some pre made/built coils?
I have read some articles and seen some videos on youtube for making your own coils but am super confused with all the different types of coils and wire and wraps.
Could anyone suggest a specific video for making coils which would fit into this tank?

or some pre made coils.
i have found these on ebay.
would they work?
1.5 ohm 30 AWG.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pre-Made-Built-Wire-Coils-RDA-RBA-RTA-Sub-Ohm-Kanthal-A1-Various-Size-Quantity/262554515926?_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226&_trkparms=aid=555014&algo=PL.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=20151005190705&meid=e261b520910f45cfb1c7773a85aa8c4e&pid=100506&rk=1&rkt=1&

or would you guys recommend something else?
i would like to start off with pre made coils and then eventually start building my own.

I'm thinking of getting the Digiflavor Siren 22 as my first RTA? Is it a good choice for a beginner like me who is just getting into rebuildables ? i want it only for mtl vaping.
or what about the sxk kayfun 5 clone.
I have been using the original nautilus for about 6 months or so and am very comfortable with it.
Also could you guys suggest some pre made/built coils?
I have read some articles and seen some videos on youtube for making your own coils but am super confused with all the different types of coils and wire and wraps.
Could anyone suggest a specific video for making coils which would fit into this tank?

or some pre made coils.
i have found these on ebay.
would they work?
1.5 ohm 30 AWG.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pre-Made-Built-Wire-Coils-RDA-RBA-RTA-Sub-Ohm-Kanthal-A1-Various-Size-Quantity/262554515926?_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226&_trkparms=aid=555014&algo=PL.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=20151005190705&meid=e261b520910f45cfb1c7773a85aa8c4e&pid=100506&rk=1&rkt=1&

or would you guys recommend something else?
i would like to start off with pre made coils and then eventually start building my own.
As mouth to lung tanks go there both excellent tanks (got both) In terms of flavor, I'd say their on a par really. The Digiflavor has more latitude for airflow adjustability though, from being tight to lose depending on your setting. The Kayfun SKX clone doesn't come with the restrictor that you get in the authentic, so you can't make it super tight. Though of course there are different settings.

From a coil point of view I'd probably go for the Digiflavor, as in it doesn't need a specific coil setup to shine, whereas for the Kayfun, having tried loads of different coils, both Pre Made and hand built, the one setup that really makes it come alive is the one done by Ment on this site. Only problem is it's best really when hand built, (which isn't as difficult as you might think ((we're not talking Velociraptor Quad Alien Ninja Turtle Triple Wrapped Fused Pony Tails Clapton Layla UFO's here)) and of course you can use any type of wire (within reason) you like.

Overall the Digiflavor gives a wetter warmer vape, whereas IMO the Kayfun seems to give a crisper vape, so depends on your preference, either way you won't go wrong.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
As mouth to lung tanks go there both excellent tanks (got both) In terms of flavor, I'd say their on a par really. The Digiflavor has more latitude for airflow adjustability though, from being tight to lose depending on your setting. The Kayfun SKX clone doesn't come with the restrictor that you get in the authentic, so you can't make it super tight. Though of course there are different settings.

From a coil point of view I'd probably go for the Digiflavor, as in it doesn't need a specific coil setup to shine, whereas for the Kayfun, having tried loads of different coils, both Pre Made and hand built, the one setup that really makes it come alive is the one done by Ment on this site. Only problem is it's best really when hand built, (which isn't as difficult as you might think ((we're not talking Velociraptor Quad Alien Ninja Turtle Triple Wrapped Fused Pony Tails Clapton Layla UFO's here)) and of course you can use any type of wire (within reason) you like.

Overall the Digiflavor gives a wetter warmer vape, whereas IMO the Kayfun seems to give a crisper vape, so depends on your preference, either way you won't go wrong.

Hope this helps.
thanks bluerobot.
will get the siren 22mm. could you suggest what kind of wire i should get and anything else i might need to start making simple coils?

thanks bluerobot.
will get the siren 22mm. could you suggest what kind of wire i should get and anything else i might need to start making simple coils?
Yep, sure can,

First of all definitely get the Coil Master V4 jig. It just makes sense, (and won't cost an arm and a leg) no more faffing around with screwdrivers and various drill bits we've all got in the garage covered in oil and gunk, job done. You know what diameter coil your going to make because the rods have; er, easily readable numbers on them, unlike screwdrivers or the tiny lettering on drill bits.

Next thing wire, right now I'm vaping the Digiflavor a with Half Staggered Fused Clapton SS (Stainless Steel) Coil, of all the wires I've tried this so far produces the best flavor. You can use it in temp control or simple wattage. (Flat wire is going to be my next thing but as I haven't tried it yet I can't say) Only thing is with Half Staggered it WILL drink Juice like a 1950's American Gas guzzler. So question. What do you want most? Flavor or Juice consumption?

As a starting/midway point you'll be Okeh with SS Clapton, easy to work with, and again you can do it in Temp Control or Watts.

Finally, wicking, run the wicks down to the bottom of the tank, after many variations tried I have found this to be the best method.

Enjoy

Have Fun

Yep, sure can,

First of all definitely get the Coil Master V4 jig. It just makes sense, (and won't cost an arm and a leg) no more faffing around with screwdrivers and various drill bits we've all got in the garage covered in oil and gunk, job done. You know what diameter coil your going to make because the rods have; er, easily readable numbers on them, unlike screwdrivers or the tiny lettering on drill bits.

Next thing wire, right now I'm vaping the Digiflavor a with Half Staggered Fused Clapton SS (Stainless Steel) Coil, of all the wires I've tried this so far produces the best flavor. You can use it in temp control or simple wattage. (Flat wire is going to be my next thing but as I haven't tried it yet I can't say) Only thing is with Half Staggered it WILL drink Juice like a 1950's American Gas guzzler. So question. What do you want most? Flavor or Juice consumption?

As a starting/midway point you'll be Okeh with SS Clapton, easy to work with, and again you can do it in Temp Control or Watts.

Finally, wicking, run the wicks down to the bottom of the tank, after many variations tried I have found this to be the best method.

Enjoy

Have Fun
where would u suggest buying the wire online? if you could share a link maybe?
i saw the vaping with vic review and build of this tank. i think he used regular kanthal wire if im not mistaken.
would you suggest to start with that or just use clapton straightaway.
i would like more flavour ofcourse but dont want to end up filling my tank twice a day. maybe i can get the 25mm instead. It holds more juice than the 22.
would i need to get an ohm reader?
also what about the awg?
i checked out some wires on stealthvape and there are many variations in terms of awg and mm.
which do u suggest?

where would u suggest buying the wire online? if you could share a link maybe?
i saw the vaping with vic review and build of this tank. i think he used regular kanthal wire if im not mistaken.
would you suggest to start with that or just use clapton straightaway.
i would like more flavour ofcourse but dont want to end up filling my tank twice a day. maybe i can get the 25mm instead. It holds more juice than the 22.
would i need to get an ohm reader?
also what about the awg?
i checked out some wires on stealthvape and there are many variations in terms of awg and mm.
which do u suggest?
Good points, firstly I'm just not in the same league/universe/orbit as Vic when it comes to tanks, this fella knows his stuff. However I've noticed that Vic and Paul of Vape Don't Smoke both tend to put the same builds in the tanks (in terms of wire, Vic, as you said regular Kanthal, Vape Don't Smoke Clapton) they review to keep a certain consistency as they review so many tanks. (Lucky so and so's)

As a starting point if your budget will stretch I'd get three types of wire,

SS316L 26ga not to fat not to thin. You can experiment with this (spaced coils, different amount of wraps etc.)

SS316L Clapton Wire 26ga+30ga This I see as intermediate though you could start with this but it's more expensive.

And the star of the show Half Staggered Fused Clapton ss316L (26GA=32GA) 24GA=32GA This is harder to work with but if you have the right pliers and tools not that difficult.

The first two wires are by Geekvape from my local B and M but you can find them anywhere online, the Half Staggered I got from Fast Tech who if you don't mind the wait have a massive selection of wires. Stealthvape seem A Okeh though I've never ordered from them. The Crazy Wire Company also have a good range of wires. (I'm a dinosaur when it comes to the web so I don't know how to put a link in, sorry about that)

With hindsight I'd probably go with the 25mm, Okeh it'll overhang some of your Mods but it's essentially the same tank and holds more juice.

Lastly as regards the OHM meter don't even think about it, just get one. For the sake of a tenner or so your going to be safe. It will show you if you have a short or not before you put the tank on your mod.

Hope this helps

I'm just got the siren 22 last week and am currently using my first build in it, with good results.

I used Kanthal 28awg, the coilmaster V4, 3mm diameter, made a coil with 7 loops, came out at 1.5 ohms. Wicked it using cotton bacon V2, with the tails just touching the bottom of the tank.

It Vapes really well, and has great taste. I'm using it between 10 - 15 watts.

Thank you so much bluerobot & speedfreak. will be ordering everything now.
will keep you updated on how my first build goes.
cheers,.

I've bought these 3 different types of wire. Have i bought the right ones?
I've also got an eleaf ohm meter and a coil master coiling jig. I think it's the very first one. It's pink in colour. I tried to make a few coils using the ni wire and the kanthal wire. The coils are just overlapping each other. The Clapton one turned out to be proper probably coz it's a thicker wire.

Attachments

• 1488370486625-1696335945.jpg
    1488370486625-1696335945.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
Back
Top Bottom