What's new

First Coil Build - Help!

I am only two weeks into practicing my coil building but a couple of months into my research.
Ohms law is the most important thing to understand.You can use it to work out the amp draw on your battery.
Volts = amps x resistance therefor the amp draw on your battery is the voltage of your battery divided by the Resistance of your coil.You must know the amp limit of your battery
The max voltage from a newly charged 3.7v battery is normally 4.2v.You should check your battery with your multimeter when you take it of the charger.If it is more than this your battery is not safe with your charger.
If you get a resistance of 0 or close to 0 then your battery will try to give out all its power instantly.Very very bad.
A dedicated ohm meter is easier to use because you do not need three hands.
Your multimeter has an internal resistance that must be subtracted.
An in line volt meter is a convenient thing to check when your battery needs charging.
When this makes sense to you try again good luck.

Meter is brand new. First time out the box. No other cv mods, a broken cool fire and a shed full of ego's

i think it's time to invest in a decent ohm meter and a couple of 18650 batteries. efest purple, sony vtc 3,4,5 or torchy batteries are the ones i would go for. then have a read up on mech mods and ohms law before it all gets here. that will put you in good stead for when your equipment gets here. i think you've had a close call tonight, especially using 18350 batteries. :D

Nice first build but like others have said, your pushing more than your luck not having a means to test and by what I can make out no wonder you've blasted your throat lol

I'd say to stay on the safe side, stick with a single coil for now and start with higher ohms and work your way down ( once you have an ohm checker of course )

I'd get yourself over to stealthvape as they have all you need plus bits and bobs on the website like a coil calculator that might help for the time being

You won't be waiting a week ether lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Shit. Right, will leave it till I can get some proper kit. And I will start reading... A lot.... Before I go near it again. I have some Sony vtc's that may get here this year from fasttech.

I'm slightly worried now but my iClear has given me no problems, even on the mech.

Without sounding too green..... Is it safe??

I suppose I have enough to keep my brain occupied with mixing my liquid. Now that I can do ;)

Shit. Right, will leave it till I can get some proper kit. And I will start reading... A lot.... Before I go near it again. I have some Sony vtc's that may get here this year from fasttech.

I'm slightly worried now but my iClear has given me no problems, even on the mech.

Yes it should be fine as I doubt the build will be close to sub ohm ( or super sub ohm like you built ) :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

if it's just got a standard coil in it will be.

check the resistance.Ohm reader on lowest range.Centre pin is + outside of centre pin insulator is _
and sutract the internal resistance of the meter which you get by putting the two probes together.

Last edited:
I don't trust the ohm reader. Nothin like a steady reading. I'm just gonna step away for a bit.

Thank you all again. No fucking about for a bit. You saved my face, literally. You guys, this forum... Awesome.

Really can't thank you enough.

Dont feel the need you have to sub ohm, dual coil etc.
Yet any away.

Wilkos sell a voltage meter for a tenner. Stealthvape as said for quality rebuilding kit. Get a single coil dripper. As I tend to repeat only too often START with a vw/vv device. Then buy a mech.

Cloud chasing is a bigger risk to vaping than any eu threat.

Back
Top Bottom