What's new

Firing button heating beyond belief

Raguri it is painted, though the threads are not. Sony VTC 5 is the battery, and it was me that left you the comment haha

And I just finished cleaning off all contacts real quick which made the coils fire better (they were firing in the first place) and also made the button heat up just as much if not a bit more. SublimeSparo the atty is a plume veil. No shorts in the 510 that I can detect, but there may possibly be one. How would i tell??
Like I said, the coils are still firing, so I'm not really sure what is up with it. I'll check the size for the magnets because you arent the only person to tell me I should upgrade to magnets

Sent from my Prism II using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Really dumb question. You have tested the build with and without top cap right? Only asked as whilst in Brighton a vaper I met in the street handed me a "0.27" build... that was actually just shorting on his sidewall of his attie. Was actually a 0.5 build...

The spring itself, any sign of it misforming or darkening.in spots?

Really dumb question. You have tested the build with and without top cap right? Only asked as whilst in Brighton a vaper I met in the street handed me a "0.27" build... that was actually just shorting on his sidewall of his attie. Was actually a 0.5 build...

The spring itself, any sign of it misforming or darkening.in spots?

But of course. I have done with with and without
And the spring is compressing more on one side than the other so it appears lopsided, and Inoticed a little while ago that it seems to be darkening to a golden looking color.

Check that you arent getting a short in the 510 connector of your topcap, if you are getting a hard short then the current will just be looping round the mod and not going to your coil, thus the spring in the switch will get hot as buggery. What size magnets do you need for the switch? I ha a couple that have an id of 7mm od of 10mm that dont fit my akuma that i could send your way if they any use. If you work your way through all the advice given in this thread so far so should suss it out. Have you tried a different atomiser? Could be a short in tbe 510 of that. Is the coil actually firing up?

And i found this in terms of the magnet size.
" [1mm thick OD 9.5mm x ID 6.35 mm]"
From what I gather the 10mm magnets would be about right. If you wouldnt mind then I'd love to have them. But that is up to you. :heart:

@Raguri it is painted, though the threads are not. Sony VTC 5 is the battery, and it was me that left you the comment haha

And I just finished cleaning off all contacts real quick which made the coils fire better (they were firing in the first place) and also made the button heat up just as much if not a bit more. @SublimeSparo the atty is a plume veil. No shorts in the 510 that I can detect, but there may possibly be one. How would i tell??
Like I said, the coils are still firing, so I'm not really sure what is up with it. I'll check the size for the magnets because you arent the only person to tell me I should upgrade to magnets

Don't just clean the contacts, sit down and rip the whole mod and atty apart, clean absolutely everything, polish it until your balls squeak - then reassemble, chances are it will cool down.
As for any shorts in the atty - Your ohm meter will read 0.0 with no coil - a dead giveaway...

Don't just clean the contacts, sit down and rip the whole mod and atty apart, clean absolutely everything, polish it until your balls squeak - then reassemble, chances are it will cool down.
As for any shorts in the atty - Your ohm meter will read 0.0 with no coil - a dead giveaway...

I will try this when I get out of class in about an hour and I will see again.
Also, I have no ohm reader XD I use the ones at the shops I go to when I get curious haha but I'm confident there are no shorts in the Atty. Its a grade A clone of the plume veil.

Failing all else, try doing a "Normal build" 1+ohms, fire that, if the switch gets hot start looking at the 510 connection both on the mod and atty...

Failing all else, try doing a "Normal build" 1+ohms, fire that, if the switch gets hot start looking at the 510 connection both on the mod and atty...

I have never had a build that wasnt sub ohm.. So would like 10-12 wraps of 28awg kanthal be above an ohm?? I don't know how to do it XD

I have never had a build that wasnt sub ohm.. So would like 10-12 wraps of 28awg kanthal be above an ohm?? I don't know how to do it XD

Go for 12, you're looking for a low current build that wouldnt normally heat the button so over 1 ohm is guaranteed to be fine, dont worry about neat or even using it, you just want a 1+ohm load that you can fire (without the top cap). Hot button on a build like that would mean somethings wrong with the Mod / atty connection - And you really should buy a meter, you simply cant tell by looking or how many wraps, it's just not safe

Ok, so the other day I had a .16 ohm build

I have no ohm reader

Get yourself an ohm reader.

Beg, borrow, steal, whatever you have to do. they're cheap and you NEED one.

you should absolutely positively never be building coils in the 0.1x range without knowing what resistance your coil is. Power ramps up super quick when resistance gets that low and if the current you're pulling out of your battery is more than it can handle you can wind up with a very bad day.

at 0.1ohm on a fully charged cell you're pulling 42amps. I don't know of any 18650 batteries that can handle that for any length of time.

If the switch gets hot and sticks closed and you're pulling 40+A out of the battery ....

The cleaning spree did absolutely nothing and the button is as hot as ever.

And i got the resistance from an ohm reader at a shop i borrowed. I dont personally own one but any time I kniwbits super low or if i have a build i havent used before i check it within a couple days of installation.

Back
Top Bottom