What's new

Finally got my aga t working genesis style!

ZT

Super Moderator
Staff member
I always wondered if the whole genesis thing was worth the effort.

now I have it working proper (drill bit method)

it most definitely is!

See, I may have my Vamo, but my Aga T still tastes like metal, and not good metal like Duh Duh Duh Duh DuhDuhDUH Duuuuh. More like widdlywiddlywiddly not real metal but a guy with a stratocaster and a cool backing band.

I picked one of these up a couple of days ago, for the money i was very impressed, i like it works with wick and mesh.. mine has a very tight draw though, bit to tight for me

If your air hole don't line up it gives it an awful taste many a hint a tip on tut interweb so I wont go into it, but it made a hell of a difference. (once the hot spots were tamed also)

Yeah lining of the air hole important!

Also using the drill bit method... I'm not getting the top hotspot any more ... Bonus!

Im getting on with this again ... I find in between tank fills (different flavours .. I just burn some new juice on to the wick .. jobs a goodun .. no need to go thru the whole three burns water every time .. I think that strips the carbon coating off - unless you are resetting the wick of course

How do you deal with hot spots between the top of the coil and the positive post? I found with mesh I ended up burning the living daylights out of the wick on a gas ring and then using the fag paper method too - all has been fine since then.

Ive found that the first lot of full on burning on the gas ring and water dipping only needs to be done once (well ... 3 times .. once) Im not sure of the science but to my mind all you are doing in that bit is tempering it.

if you think about it .. we super heat a coil to turn the coating to ash and wash it off .. so to my mind the superburning does the same thing ..

we actually want to build layers of carbon up, so : when I redo a coil .. I just burn some more juice onto the wick with a lighter .. that helps.

if your wick is properly carbonised you wont get the top hotspot.

I use the drill bit method ala todd and make sure the wires joining to the top post is nice and tight with no flex .. zap the wire a few times then drop the wick in ..

zap again to check .. but pulse it .. dont overdo this bit .. if you do .. it seems to remove some of the carbon.

thats it .. sorted.

Back
Top Bottom