What's new

FFS Re: Aga-T

Lord Grim

Veteran
In a huge fit of stupidity, I have just managed to lose a grub screw and one of the nuts from my new Aga-T between cleaning it out and rewicking it. Please don't make me relive my tremendous idiocy by asking me to recount what happened because apart from being embarrassing, it is quite a mundane story. The reason for my post is this: Does anybody know of any UK based vendors that are selling the spares kit separately? And for bonus points, do you know where I can get a new grub screw, as they don't come with the kit. And yes, I know B and Q do machine screws, I guess it's an M4, but it'd be nice to have the one that was meant to go with the kit :)

Nope. Some Jack Daniels, some more Jack Daniels and an ill advised attempt at rewicking in the kitchen to save getting my full kit out.

You dont need to go shopping for new bits wait a year and they will turn up in the oposite corner of the kitchen to where you lost em ;)
Give Daz a pm at safercigs he is a pretty obliging sort of fella.

You dont need to go shopping for new bits wait a year and they will turn up in the oposite corner of the kitchen to where you lost em ;)
Give Daz a pm at safercigs he is a pretty obliging sort of fella.

Ta, will do

how you getting on with wicking it ?

buggered if I can do the genesis thing consistently

I think I need to have some faith in it. I tried it with a juice I don't like the first time to save on wastage, and tonight I swapped that for a juice I want to like, to see if it made it better, which it didn't. Tomorrow, I'll try a juice that I have enjoyed in the Vivi and see how I get on. I know that's a bit of a backward way of doing things but I wanted to be sure I COULD wick it before I wasted anything that was actually nice. As far as the actual genesis thing goes, I think I've sussed it. The two most important points to remember seem to be: Roll the wick tighter than you think it should be, and burn the shite out of it. I left mine in the cooker flame for about 5 mins tonight, held in a pair of gripping pliers whilst I was busy losing half my Aga, and it seems to be wicking all the better for it. And to get rid of the top hotspot between the coil and the +ve connection, keeping it as straight and as short as possible seems to be the way of the future. Dunno if that is the "right" way of doing it but it works for me. And you may be buggered if you can do it consistently, but remember......The Hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

It is not a good idea to over heat your mesh a gentle cherry red is all it needs I do this 3 times let it cool naturally in between then slot it in the coil and a low voltage or part discharged battery to get the coil right then build up gradually.The flavour wont come true for the first few tanks perhaps a tank and half on these but when it does its worth it.

I think I need to have some faith in it. I tried it with a juice I don't like the first time to save on wastage, and tonight I swapped that for a juice I want to like, to see if it made it better, which it didn't. Tomorrow, I'll try a juice that I have enjoyed in the Vivi and see how I get on. I know that's a bit of a backward way of doing things but I wanted to be sure I COULD wick it before I wasted anything that was actually nice. As far as the actual genesis thing goes, I think I've sussed it. The two most important points to remember seem to be: Roll the wick tighter than you think it should be, and burn the shite out of it. I left mine in the cooker flame for about 5 mins tonight, held in a pair of gripping pliers whilst I was busy losing half my Aga, and it seems to be wicking all the better for it. And to get rid of the top hotspot between the coil and the +ve connection, keeping it as straight and as short as possible seems to be the way of the future. Dunno if that is the "right" way of doing it but it works for me. And you may be buggered if you can do it consistently, but remember......The Hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

and .. a wizards staff has a knob on the end

Back
Top Bottom