What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Favourite wicking method

modem7

Postman
Hey chaps. I've got an R-Tank, there are obviously similar devices out there that wick in the same method (two coil poles, two wick holes).

What is your favourite (or most efficient) wicking method?

Standard wick (single wick, coil in the centre)?
Some funky triple sandwich (three wicks, two short ones and one long one, coil in middle)?
Some very funky loop the loop (much like those dripping atomizers that require the dual loop)?

Some other awesome and weird method?

I've only just re-wicked mine for the first time, just the standard method, hole to hole, but I get fantastic flavour and vapour, much better than the wick that was fitted when I bought it. But I started with a LR coil, I now have 2.5 ohm which is better for vv vaping.

What wick do you use? I have 3mm and 1mm wicks, the 3 is too fat for the hole and the 1 lets juice escape. And yes, I realise that I have answered my own question by omission but still, I thought it worth asking in case there is some wonderful stuff that makes this hateful bit of kit work ok for me!

What wick do you use? I have 3mm and 1mm wicks, the 3 is too fat for the hole and the 1 lets juice escape. And yes, I realise that I have answered my own question by omission but still, I thought it worth asking in case there is some wonderful stuff that makes this hateful bit of kit work ok for me!

I'm using a 3 for the R-tank (that's what it comes with). But I've used 2mm cotton without any problems.

I'm using a 3 for the R-tank (that's what it comes with). But I've used 2mm cotton without any problems.

Missed replies!
3mm is hard to get through the holes but you don't get leaks with it. It is easiest if you cut at an angle and put extra-long ends int something that gives rigidity when threading - I used candle crease. 2 mm works but isn't as good a fit after setting up, never tried thinner and don't think it would work too well.
I'm out of 3 mm right now, doesn't seem to be that easy to get hold of. I'm also wondering if a mesh wick would work, seems simple enough in theory with a number of 'ifs' such as the U bend with the coil on it.

Stealthvape has 3 mm in, l was looking yesterday, is that the vivi r tank l've been thinking about getting one to try as an intro to rebuildables

I have a Smok R, think it's the same.
I got one as a first rebuildable but found one little niggle. Mine had a plastic bung for the filler hole and the first time I filled it that bit of springy plastic sprung out of sight so now I have a generic bit of plastic in the hole.
Apart from that I think it's good. A bit airy for me but that may be because I've never had a proper seal on the filler hole thanks to said leaping plastic bung.

I've been looking at the one on ecigwizard £16.99 seems a decent price for it :)

Back
Top Bottom