What's new

Fatty V3 twisted build

Cool. It was on my shortlist anyway ta! Looks great.

Mason.

That looks like a more successfull build than I managed, glad your liking it :)

Blown away with how good it is to be honest Jeff. So much for the idea I was going to use it for a little while and then sell it on again when I got bored - I dont think I will bore of this quickly at all. It is seriously chucking out the vapour now i trimmed the cotton back quite a bit too

Blown away with how good it is to be honest Jeff. So much for the idea I was going to use it for a little while and then sell it on again when I got bored - I dont think I will bore of this quickly at all. It is seriously chucking out the vapour now i trimmed the cotton back quite a bit too

Same as the KFL the less wick you have the better it works " Less is more " :) I just have the cotton wick going through the coil and touching down both sides thats it no extra curling round the deck.

Last edited:
The 4mm voodoowool arrived from stealthave today, great service as always :), so wrapped 4 coils of .32 kenthal giving me 1.1 0hm around a stub and put it in the fatty.

wick.jpg

Working great haven’t wrapped a coil around silica in ages as been using microcoils and cotton!!.

As the original fatty was second hand whilst I had it apart I thought I would do a quick refurb so thoroughly cleaned and changed all the orings for new ones from " the box " and put it back together. Now when I tighten down the posts there is still enough slack to move the air adjust which is handy as I can now play with it on the fly :) bonus !.

That is a hefty bit of wick. I keep meaning to try a bit of Voodoowool. I have some organic cotton yarn on its way which I am hoping will be great to replace wool with, yarn is much less prone to burning so the dry hit risk is reduced.

That is a hefty bit of wick. I keep meaning to try a bit of Voodoowool. I have some organic cotton yarn on its way which I am hoping will be great to replace wool with, yarn is much less prone to burning so the dry hit risk is reduced.

let me know how you get on with it. i had some , was just an ebay jobby but it tasted appauling. i couldnt get rid of it.
sweet vid btw, the fatty seems like an abolute monster dripper. glad you looked away when exhaling too as i think todd was right , someone exhaling while looking right at you is about as high on the terrifying scale as you can get :P

I have some yarn, braided natural cord and some rope to try all side by side :) Out of interest did you boil yours first?

I have some yarn, braided natural cord and some rope to try all side by side :) Out of interest did you boil yours first?

i did yeah then left it overnight to dry out. but it just tasted chemically. you know when you use cotton balls , but you dont boil first and it has a funky taste for the first couple minutes. well the stuff i got kept that taste after boiling and usage. i punished myself for half an hour in hope it would get rid.

i did yeah then left it overnight to dry out. but it just tasted chemically. you know when you use cotton balls , but you dont boil first and it has a funky taste for the first couple minutes. well the stuff i got kept that taste after boiling and usage. i punished myself for half an hour in hope it would get rid.

was it 100% natural, unbleached cotton? I will pop a thread on here once i get all the samples in. Providing one or a few of them all work well I will have them on sale on the site shortly with a selection of Kanthal's

Back
Top Bottom