What's new

Curious question

Zited

Postman
So basically i've been wondering, obviously when building on a tube mod, you dont want to over exceed your batteries amp limit etc, im never going to do this but how the hell do some youtubers like Vaping Bogan and such get away with using 0.11 ohm coils and such on there mechs? thats like 38 something amps on my batteries if I was too do it so surely that'd just go boom??

I'm never going too go that low so don't worry, was just a question out of curiosity :P

They’re taking risks was my conclusion, unless there’s some mega high draw battery that I’m unaware of.

N.b I’m not saying what they’re doing is dangerous but they’re operating outside of the recognised battery rating which means there could be problems at some point which could mean venting but most likely just means shortened battery life.

As above, there are some that take risks and like to live dangerously, or that is my assumption.

I think some batteries have a max discharge current that is related to temperature in some way, for example 40A if you keep the cell below 80 degrees Celsius.

I still would not really want to push a single cell that hard, but the thought of a venting cell scares the absolute crap out of me.

They would probably say that they are pulsing the battery (3-4 second draw), but even then, unless it's a 21700 bat, you would still be stressing a 18650, they just don't have a high enough CDR, to be able to safely handle pulsing at 30-39amp? Also depends on ramp up / wire gauge, you can build low with smaller gauge wire, that's what I used to do. A dual or triple bat parallel mech would solve the problem, I have a triple bat mech, but never use it.

If your only going to fire your mech for a 1 second burst at high wattage you could work around the Pulse Discharge Rate which can be a lot higher. The longer the burst the greater the risk.
If you value your face and hands then its always best to work within the CDR value of whatever battery you're using.
Dual or triple battery mech mods help but again safe working practices should always be observed.

Back
Top Bottom