What's new

Constant Leaking from RTa tank

It could be that your cotton is too close to the airflow hole that feeds air to your coil causing juice to run down the hole and out the bottom of your tank try moving your wick clear of the air hole [emoji4]

DIY is so much effort!

But I think I heard that in a YouTube video for this - I think they said I shouldn't be able to see the cotton wick in the airflow hole. I'll give it a go! Thanks.

DIY is so much effort!

But I think I heard that in a YouTube video for this - I think they said I shouldn't be able to see the cotton wick in the airflow hole. I'll give it a go! Thanks.
Let me know how you get on and if its still leaking post me a picture of your build and I'll see if I can spot anything [emoji5]

Let me know how you get on and if its still leaking post me a picture of your build and I'll see if I can spot anything [emoji5]

This is what my cotton looks like after I rewicked about 30-45 mins ago...

I'm not sure what it means when the outer wicks are a lighter to colour to the center of the wick

Attachments

• IMG_20170815_133553.jpg
    IMG_20170815_133553.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_20170815_133647.jpg
    IMG_20170815_133647.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 276
The leak is coming from the gold cylinder piece in the center of the airflow. Does anyone know what this could mean?
I don't know enough about this tank to be helpful sorry, as long as all airflow is closed off when you refill otherwise you will lose the vacuum that keeps the juice in place.
Think @mattyk2010 could be on to something

Where my thumb is by the o-ring; when the glass is on, I seem to notice ejuice (only slightly) coming out from that place. Does this mean I need to tighten my tank (even though its as tight as possible)?

Attachments

• 1502801023085-130496145.jpg
    1502801023085-130496145.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 212
This is what my cotton looks like after I rewicked about 30-45 mins ago...

I'm not sure what it means when the outer wicks are a lighter to colour to the center of the wick
The cotton on your top picture is touching the air hole a tiny bit and needs to be clear of it I think that's where your leak comes from mate after you wick it and juice it take a little screwdriver and move the cotton away from the airflow

here is a pretty comprehensive review and build on this tank by Ambitionz Vaper, dont know how helpful this is but anytime i have issues like this i just watch tons of youtube videos and generally find my answers there sometimes from one or a few different sources

hope this helps (the guy might seem a bit annoying but his reviews are usually decent)

also VapnFagan doing a build on this review, talks in decent detail regarding wicking aswell mate

The cotton on your top picture is touching the air hole a tiny bit and needs to be clear of it I think that's where your leak comes from mate after you wick it and juice it take a little screwdriver and move the cotton away from the airflow

Here are my wicks in the cotton. See anything that's wrong?

Attachments

• 1502802802739-394906378.jpg
    1502802802739-394906378.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 254
  • 1502802908886-2050681580.jpg
    1502802908886-2050681580.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 271
here is a pretty comprehensive review and build on this tank by Ambitionz Vaper, dont know how helpful this is but anytime i have issues like this i just watch tons of youtube videos and generally find my answers there sometimes from one or a few different sources

hope this helps (the guy might seem a bit annoying but his reviews are usually decent)

also VapnFagan doing a build on this review, talks in decent detail regarding wicking aswell mate

Thanks. I've already seen these and I got the tank based on these reviews plus others. Unfortunately, the videos don't really say how they wick.

The second video just says make sure you trim wicks; doesn't say how it the best way (eg. If cotton should be touching the floor of the juice chamber).

It just seems like I'm either adding loads more cotton or not enough. I wish these videos measured and say what length and width their cotton is. It would really help!

Back
Top Bottom