What's new

Coils problems

Wire and cotton is cheap, clean it thoroughly and rebuild it.

Multiple sets going back a month I believe, did the same thing with pre built coils but I could have messed up and made uneven wraps and I'm thinking uneven legs as well.

Gonna rebuild my setup with just single coil and see if that will work tonight. I'll post the results tomarrow. If the batteries are almost a year old would that effect anything coil wise? I do notice the batteries drain really quick recently.

Last edited:
Gonna rebuild my setup with just single coil and see if that will work tonight. I'll post the results tomarrow. If the batteries are almost a year old would that effect anything coil wise? I do notice the batteries drain really quick recently.
I do hear lifespan is about one year.... that shouldnt really affect power output based on chemistry, but drain will def drop after a year. Im still pretty new with 18650s so i havent experienced this personally, but ive dealt with all kinds of rechargables of varying chemistries and it makes sense to recycle and rwplace when they start depleting faster.

I tried a single and dual builds amd i prefer single coils personally. I like to make mine as big as i can amd still fot it in. Im still pretty new too........ i wrapped some stapled clapton n80 on a 1/4 inch jack amd got this beast. Wicked it with 2 firebolts side by side.
1565202116819.jpeg
20190807_142422.jpeg

Never seen that kinda setup before lol. Didnt think it would matter so I didnt rebuild yesterday but if it doesnt really matter battery wise then I really should try today lol.

So I figured it out. I think what happened is I fired my mod accidentally when I was strumming with my screwdriver. Rookie mistake but it works like a dream now lol

So I figured it out. I think what happened is I fired my mod accidentally when I was strumming with my screwdriver. Rookie mistake but it works like a dream now lol

Get yourself a cheap toolkit with ceramic tweezers. You can pick them up for about 15 quid. Makes building loads easier. Glad your problem is sorted though :2thumbsup:

I picked up a cheap toolkit. The tweezers were not cermaic so needless to say i got ceramic tweezers amd tossed the junky all metal one out

Back
Top Bottom