What's new

Coil wraps spaced or close to each others

AdriaNocenzi

Postman
Hi all,

I got a bit confused, and I would like to know what's the difference between a coil with spaced wraps and coil with closed wraps? Now I usually use the type of wire ni80 fused Clapton, Kanthal A1 and SS 316L.
I noticed with ni80 e Kanthal the wick dry quicker that with SS.
Thank you for the help

I'm intrigued to hear peoples thoughts on this too as a nooby. What are the benefits between spaced or close together ? Or is it a case of personal preference. Also I've probably read it somewhere but my brain ain't what it used to be........ What wire is suitable for rebuilding ? I only vape in regular wattage mode. I'll take a punt @ Kanthal A1, Ni80 or SS316L

IMG_2569.JPG
I space mine. Mainly use ni80 or ss316/l claptons of various descriptions. When touching I get hotspots more often, spaced gives no hotspots.

Nice. My wicks never look that clean :18: is that down to the juice ?

spaced but very close .... I don't do super spaced.... a hair's width between each wrap.

I only do spaced coils, even with plain round wire, I find it makes wicking easier. Possibly because it is not prone to hot spots as contact coils are is and you don't get sympathetic heating between the wraps.

Back
Top Bottom