What's new

Coil reading 0.0 ohms??

traxan

Postman
Hi

Well I attempted to build my first coil this evening and I thought I did well before I stuck it on the ohm reader where it wouldn't give me a reading.

I believe the ohm reader is working fine as I tested it with a old vivi.

Can anyone help me? I really hope it isn't a dud RBA as i can't bear to wait any longer to get vaping properly :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391194600.690889.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391194657.179491.jpg

My kracken has a short 510 connector and won't work on a vamo. Its probably not connecting properly.

Sent from somewhere in cloudy Kent

Make sure any excess wire isn't touching any metal ( top pics looks wire is touching base) Dunno if that's the problem.

Only other thing I can suggest is to make sure all conectns are tight enough

Some good advise given by @Seedy and @Daffs Just double check the positive pin at the bottom of the atty.Sometimes it can get pushed up just inside the threaded part, enough not to make contact when screwed in,sometimes you can just prise it out enough with a small screwdriver, but in certain cases depending on the tank you might have to tap the centre post down from the top a bit. If you have to do that then you may well have to recoil it again as it will push it all to buggery.If you get stuck or I have not explained it clearly enough get back and I will take a picture and post up to explain.

Last edited:
if it wasa shorting it would likely ready 9.9 ohms, i get this with one of my drippers and have to use some micro tools to pullt he pin down a little as said above

Thanks for the advice. I don't think it's the wire touching anything else as I took the coils off and connected a wire directly to the negative and positive.

I will check the bottom of the atty and report my findings soon

Bloody hell people, one of you is going to blow your face off one of these days. If a coil reads 0.0 on a checker or any kind of VV/VW MOD that means it is a DEAD SHORT
Any coil or atty that fails to connect will give a reading 0f 9.9 or an error indication on a mod.

THIS IS VITALLY IMPORTANT! IF ANY COIL READS 0.0 DO NOT USE IT... 0.0 MEANS ZERO OHMS THAT IS A SHORT CIRCUIT, BATTERIES EXPLODE WHEN CONNECTED TO SHORT CIRCUITS!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

Bloody hell people, one of you is going to blow your face off one of these days. If a coil reads 0.0 on a checker or any kind of VV/VW MOD that means it is a DEAD SHORT
Any coil or atty that fails to connect will give a reading 0f 9.9 or an error indication on a mod.

THIS IS VITALLY IMPORTANT! IF ANY COIL READS 0.0 DO NOT USE IT... 0.0 MEANS ZERO OHMS THAT IS A SHORT CIRCUIT, BATTERIES EXPLODE WHEN CONNECTED TO SHORT CIRCUITS!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

Geeeez thanks lol.

The vendor is going to send a new one once I send this one back.

This means I won't get to vaping until late next week now.

Does anyone know anywhere I could pick up even a RDA for now in manchester?

calm down tubby lol you'll have heart attack.. firstly its on an Ohms meter. so no batteries involved. second on the ohms meter tester when nothing is connected mine reads 0.0
thats the whole point of using them to protect you and your batteries
ive actually found about 5 or 6 attys that work fine in mechs and mods but wont make a connection on the ohms meter and read 0.0 until i have made a pin adjustment.

Before you send it back, take out the wick and coil and leave them off, then pop it back on your tester, if it reads 0.0 then strip it all down and rebuild paying extra attention to the centre post and insulators. if it reads 9.9 then the problem was the coil and wick...

Back
Top Bottom