What's new

Coil Master OHM meter confusion

Tekkers28

Hey all, just looking for some advice if possible please, new here on POTV after lurking for a while. Currently using the Eleaf Istick power 80w and been burning through stock coils for fun over the last 5 weeks since packing in the stinkiest, so I’ve ordered a coil master kit, some kanthal 24g, bacon cotton and the GeekVape Ammit RTA dual coil atty, the mod I’m using is 5000mah so to replicate that output on the coil master 521 mini ohm reader which battery would I need? I understand it’s an 18650 but can’t seem to find one capable of the 5000mah output which I’m guessing would make a difference? Any help appreciated :)

Hey all, just looking for some advice if possible please, new here on POTV after lurking for a while. Currently using the Eleaf Istick power 80w and been burning through stock coils for fun over the last 5 weeks since packing in the stinkiest, so I’ve ordered a coil master kit, some kanthal 24g, bacon cotton and the GeekVape Ammit RTA dual coil atty, the mod I’m using is 5000mah so to replicate that output on the coil master 521 mini ohm reader which battery would I need? I understand it’s an 18650 but can’t seem to find one capable of the 5000mah output which I’m guessing would make a difference? Any help appreciated :)
Welcome to POTV & introduce yourself in the new user section. :)2
A Samsung 25r will be fine. It's what I use in mine. It's only reading coil ohms & gentle pulsing to dry burn/eliminate hot spots. It doesn't need to match the mod as the Mah is basically how many amp hrs (or milli amp hrs) the inbuilt battery has. Bit like a fuel tank, it can hold 5000mah & every time you fire it you use a bit of the fuel (+ volts).
Bear in mind in a 2 coil set up the resistance is halved, so if you want to aim for 0.3ohm you need to make each coil 0.6ohm. Use steamengine to find how many wraps/diameter/awg you need to get that.
Plenty of advice on here already but just shout if you get stuck & somebody will point you in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom