What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

clockwise or counter clockwise

Jd_

Achiever
I cant believe i cant find this on the interweb but is this a clockwise wound coil or counterclockwise?
images.jpeg-4.jpg

I cant believe i cant find this on the interweb but is this a clockwise wound coil or counterclockwise?
View attachment 269969

Put an extra quarter turn on the longer leg, then give it a 90 degree bend with pliers so both legs are parallel and pointed in the same direction and then it miraculously transforms into an 'who cares' wound coil.

Put an extra quarter turn on the longer leg, then give it a 90 degree bend with pliers so both legs are parallel and pointed in the same direction and then it miraculously transforms into an 'who cares' wound coil.

Well yeah, im not a dimwit (despite some ppl's on here beliefs, lol)

On something like a destiny, all i would have to do is stick the coils thru the holes and cut them off after the coil is seated.

Many tanks are set up now so that it cant even take a 'doesnt matter' coil, because the scews are staggered. And i really prefer to be able to use long leads to be able to get the tiny coil in the tiny holes correctly, then cut it, vs having to measure it first, especially with old eyes and hands that arwnt that steady. Thats why i specifically like the design of the destiny, complete with honeycomb airflow.
I wish it were top airflow, just for good measure even tho ive come way past the point of having to worry about that being a leaking issue. Also the description of chunky airflow, and some users reviews just kinds turned me off to it. That and i have been getting my coils for less than a dollar a piece till now, so it just wasnt worth investing in more rebuildables at the time.

Last edited:
I was actually seriously considering the yachtvape eclipse, with the extension, but, its a postless deck, so im still holding out for a destiny style deck

Bugger - it posted before I hit post (I think), the Coilfather clone coily is dirt cheap and does exactly the same thing as the original

Another useful tool worth getting is a graduated (from 3.5 to 1.5mm) coil rod. If the coils you have are wound the wrong way it's dead easy to just unwind them and rewind them on the rod in the orientation and diameter you prefer.

Yes, it is a few more things to buy but they're only about $2 each and they make life a lot easier.

Last edited:
Bugger - it posted before I hit post (I think), the Coilfather clone coily is dirt cheap and does exactly the same thing as the original

Another useful tool worth getting is a graduated (from 3.5 to 1.5mm) coil rod. If the coils you have are would to wrong way it's dead easy to just unwind them and rewind them on the rod in the orientation and diameter you prefer.

Yes, it is a few more things to buy but they're only about $2 each and they make life a lot easier.
Already got it all, like i said, its about my convenience, not how to make a tank work for me.
And ,no offense, its hard for me to get those damn coils in the little holes and positioned right, it discourages me from having to fiddle with it.

The easier the better.

Back
Top Bottom