What's new

Burnt taste for 316L?

Oh god sorry @Mr Numpty i am shocking for forgetting things! i tried the build you recommended and it was better but still getting that harsh feeling maybe i am a little sensitive to ss wire?

i know was so excited for the SS wire to after all the good write ups it has. Got thr big roll as well from stealthvape so i am not giving up get i will just keep trying it till i get it spot on or run out. I did twist some with kanthal and that was not to bad, it just seemed to vape like regular kanthal though. maybe one day i will find the sweet spot for me. Cheers for all the advice and build suggestion mate its very much appreciated

@Mr Numpty Finally cracked it mate! I was was badly over doing it with the wick, i just recently got a squonk mod/mini bottom fed velocity from a fellow ape and the build i had in was just tearing through the battery life on 60w with a single 18650. So i was just about to throw a simple micro coil in (Kanthal) then i thought hey why not try another SS build. So i did a 7 wrap spaced with a 3mm inner diameter but, this time i used a lot less wick than i normally do (thinner) and oh boy its turned out just great, breezing by with a steady 30w in power mode and its spot on not of the harsh taste i was getting before just a slight metallic taste for the first few mins. Now i was not going to build aymore tonight but i have got to try this out now in one of my aromamizers and see if i can get it right again!

Thanks Numpty i would have never got this right if not for remembering you saying to wick it loosely!

Thats it pal only took me around 50 builds but i got there haha! Thanks again for the advice id have never got this working on my own :thumbup:.

@Mr Numpty Finally cracked it mate! I was was badly over doing it with the wick, i just recently got a squonk mod/mini bottom fed velocity from a fellow ape and the build i had in was just tearing through the battery life on 60w with a single 18650. So i was just about to throw a simple micro coil in (Kanthal) then i thought hey why not try another SS build. So i did a 7 wrap spaced with a 3mm inner diameter but, this time i used a lot less wick than i normally do (thinner) and oh boy its turned out just great, breezing by with a steady 30w in power mode and its spot on not of the harsh taste i was getting before just a slight metallic taste for the first few mins. Now i was not going to build aymore tonight but i have got to try this out now in one of my aromamizers and see if i can get it right again!

Thanks Numpty i would have never got this right if not for remembering you saying to wick it loosely!

Thank you so much for this one mate. I signed up to this great forum just to thank you folks. I’m not even from the UK, but this is great help and amazing feedback.

I’ve been looking for this answer after I finally built my first perfect TC coil and I just can’t seem to get a long inhale out of it before tasting the cotton burning. I take the tank apart to find my cotton pretty solid and still white. I vape at 90+% VG, and thought of everything except the cotton. Now I can go and use a lot less cotton to wick it, risking some leaking as I’m using the SMOK Baby RDA, would you happen to have any idea for a solution for that? I mean less cotton would mean smaller ends, which are my way for taking up the liquid.

Thank you so much for this one mate. I signed up to this great forum just to thank you folks. I’m not even from the UK, but this is great help and amazing feedback.

I’ve been looking for this answer after I finally built my first perfect TC coil and I just can’t seem to get a long inhale out of it before tasting the cotton burning. I take the tank apart to find my cotton pretty solid and still white. I vape at 90+% VG, and thought of everything except the cotton. Now I can go and use a lot less cotton to wick it, risking some leaking as I’m using the SMOK Baby RDA, would you happen to have any idea for a solution for that? I mean less cotton would mean smaller ends, which are my way for taking up the liquid.

I’ve found the wicking to be the hardest bit to learn when rebuilding tbh - been doing it three months now and last night I rolled up a wick, tore a strip off (as I thought it was too thick), wicked up - it was awful. Dry burn at the end of the drag and not much vapour. Redid it a bit thicker and it’s spot on. If is too thin then you’ll vaporise all the liquid inside the coil before you’ve stopped inhaling (and before liquid can refill the cotton inside the coil). I usually aim for a good bit of resistance when pulling it through the coil, but not enough to distort or pull the coil to a side. If you put too much

I’ve found that you can usually mess about with the placement of the tails to stop leaking, rather than rewicking with more cotton (unless you’ve gone WAY too short). It’s a case of trying to hit that sweet spot between leaking and clogging the coil with too much cotton - unfortunately it’s a lot of trial and error, and I’m still getting there lol.

Back
Top Bottom