What's new

Building the Orchid

Dammit, spoke to soon. Was vaping on it last night with no leaks, no problems. Woke up this morning and took two pulls off it and it started just running out the air holes. Why is this happening

Just keep trying. I'm having problems trying to wick the kayfun properly. Bloody nightmare getting it right but an awesome vape when it does work.

Is a shame the top of the chimney doesn't unscrew like the kayfun/expromizer etc. Would make wicking it so much easier like both the above are.
Once you start to screw the chamber on the orchid you have no idea what the wick is getting up to in those threads.

So it seems that I have a liiiiitle juice that leaks out when I refill. This is after I refill and screw it back on the mod. I found that blowing into it and then wiping the juice seems to clear that up. Then a couple little drops after that, and then she vapes perfectly.

Orchid build

I have found zero issues with building the orchid as long as I follow the Kayfun type build. I ensure that the wicks are resting on the decks over the channels, but not down the channels, and personally, I use a reasonable amount of cotton and fan the wick ends out so that they sit down on the build deck, to each side of the air hole, ensuring that no juice will flow past the wicks and down the air holes on the build deck.

I refilled it again after it leaked yesterday and it had no issues. The first two fills on the build were a bit leaky, but the 3rd and on were perfectly fine.

I had too much cotton in the first build, leaked a lot. Rewicked it with less cotton, definitely not in the juice channels and it's been fine since then. Rewicked again the same way, and again no leaks. It's not the coils ... it's getting the wicking right.

Refilling is a pain in the bum, I've had leaks twice during refiills ... the syringe is obstructed by the chimney so you have to go real slow on the refill or the juice finds its way into the chamber and floods out the airholes and drip tip. Slow, slow, slow, try to direct the juice down the walls ... or top fill whilst covering both airholes.

FT have a top refill cap for the Kayfun which fits, SKU 1815409. My thanks to @Crumps for the suggestion.

Main issue I have with the Orchid is loss of flavour. I get plumes of vapour but the flavour loss is huge compared with other atties like the Heron, Rose, Flash-e-vapor and Spheroid. These atties have narrowing in the chimney section, the vapour is compressed and concentrated. The Orchid has a very wide bore and comes with a real bucket of a drip tip. I've put the narrowest bore drip tip I have on the Orchid and it improves the flavour big time. For me anyway.

I have a couple of these and the o-ring is too high up for the chimney. (poor design)
I use one Kayfun-nano tank section to bring it down. I have also fitted the chimney into the topcap before screwing them both on using a full size tank. I believe you can use a Taifun GT nano tank to solve this problem also.

(I have bathed in Black Panther 12mg finding this out!)

Mmmmm, Black Panther!!! :p (Reading This Thread With Interest as Lashed Out a WHOLE £7 On a V4 Clone on FT...........)

I got some tobacco liquid with fruit undertones in it that I'm super excited to try... But I have to finish off my current full Orchid first. Which isn't a problem. It's the only way I'm gonna be able to wait and let my new juice steep. Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom