What's new

Building the Orchid

cmichael818

Postman
Anyone wanna help a noob on this endeavor? I got my Orchid V4 in the mail today, but I really have almost no idea what to do as far as building coils. I have some 28g kanthal and some 22g kanthal. I've never built on a kayfun-style device before so... What should I be looking at as far as resistance and coil size? It's going to be on a CF Fuhattan with a VTC4 in it, if that makes much of a difference.

Anyone wanna help a noob on this endeavor? I got my Orchid V4 in the mail today, but I really have almost no idea what to do as far as building coils. I have some 28g kanthal and some 22g kanthal. I've never built on a kayfun-style device before so... What should I be looking at as far as resistance and coil size? It's going to be on a CF Fuhattan with a VTC4 in it, if that makes much of a difference.

5 wraps of the 28g round a 2.4 bit should give you around 1 ohm. Nice place to start.

The name of the game is in the name - a coil is called a coil because it's coil shaped. Go from there and I'm sure that you'll be happily vaping with your Orchid in about 10 minutes.
Not as smart-arsed a reply as it my seem on first read. Building your coil truly will be easy. Building and fitting a coil that fires is a good goal to aim for at first. Once you can do that, then you can mess about with resistances that suit you.

I know coils, I was just asking after a neighborhood to build into

Last edited:
Coiling the orchid is the easy part, its getting the wick right which is the challenge.
When you get the wick right they reward you with an amazing vape.

I went dual 5 wrap 28g and I THINK I got the wick right (after a terrible first attempt). It vapes nice! Smooth, flavorful... I like it

You could have picked a better atty to build. I have 2 v3 orchids chucked in the back of the drawer as i cant build the feckers.

It was definitely a bit different from my Mutation X, but after burning the hell out of my first wick, I kinda got it. I like the challenge

Got a orchid v4 and found it fine to build on, only been building for 2 weeks and love it, found wrapping round a 2.5mm bit was best for room on the it and wicking took me a couple attemps to get it right and no nasty leaks but hooked on it as its a good vape

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Okay, I ran into a wall with this thing. I had a good build on it, wicked out great, vaped great, tasted great. I went to put a new build on and now I keep having issues. Leaks out the air holes, won't vape that well anymore... It's pissing me off. I can't duplicate the first build either. Can someone please tell me how their building theirs? From the coil to the wicking.

Back
Top Bottom