What's new

Broadside clone on 3FVape

FT are late to the party but they have them as well now
Just got the FT one today and it cant be the same clone.
Had a little mess around with it and im not impressed in the slightest the fact the thin plastic fire button !!!!STICKS!!!! Absolutely scared the shit out of me, what a C**T as the rest of the mod looks pretty spot on.
I unscrewed that atty and dropped that battery (Not Even Warm Btw) like my life depended on it! oh well into the draw with the dangerous clone FrankenBomb.
Think I'll just stick to authentics from now on!

Had a little mess around with it and im not impressed in the slightest the fact the thin plastic fire button !!!!STICKS!!!! Absolutely scared the shit out of me, what a C**T as the rest of the mod looks pretty spot on.
I unscrewed that atty and dropped that battery (Not Even Warm Btw) like my life depended on it! oh well into the draw with the dangerous clone FrankenBomb.

You tried cleaning/polishing the inside of the switch housing? a couple of my mechs get a bit of a sticky button when the patina builds up, after a good clean theyre back to normal.

which part sticks?

the actual plastic disc?
or the 3 part clutch that spreads out?

if it were mine, I'd play around with no battery in:

first bit take the whole button assembly off and just press the clutch against the central rod, does t spread out and rise (nothing sexual here)
is the disc to wide and sticking?

OR (and I've just throught of this.......... something that happened to me initially.
there's a plastic disc inside the base with holes in it - the disc the negative pole goes through.
upload_2017-3-18_0-31-39.png

if that's not fully screwed in, the button plays up like a bitch. mine fired as soon I screwed the button on.
I couldn't press the button - because the whole negative connection was too far down the tube and this meant the button was being 'pressed' just by screwing it together.
I simply screwed the disc in further by using screwing the negative post as far in as I could then sticking a pink, blunt, mixing needle through one of the small holes to prevent that disc coming back out as I unscrewed the negative post. (Does that lot make sense? it was easier to do than describe)

which part sticks?

the actual plastic disc?
or the 3 part clutch that spreads out?

if it were mine, I'd play around with no battery in:

first bit take the whole button assembly off and just press the clutch against the central rod, does t spread out and rise (nothing sexual here)
is the disc to wide and sticking?

OR (and I've just throught of this.......... something that happened to me initially.
there's a plastic disc inside the base with holes in it - the disc the negative pole goes through.
View attachment 121582
if that's not fully screwed in, the button plays up like a bitch. mine fired as soon I screwed the button on.
I couldn't press the button - because the whole negative connection was too far down the tube and this meant the button was being 'pressed' just by screwing it together.
I simply screwed the disc in further by using screwing the negative post as far in as I could then sticking a pink, blunt, mixing needle through one of the small holes to prevent that disc coming back out as I unscrewed the negative post. (Does that lot make sense? it was easier to do than describe)
I just fixed it and she works fine...... maybe i was too tired to see the simple fix in front of my eyes last night.
It was definitely the plastic disc was too big, the lipped edges kept catching on the inside f the mech so after one push the button woult stick on one side. I was a little rough and a little wide which made it too much of a snug fit, so i took a little sandpaper to that and its as smooth as butter!!

Well, I finally ordered one of these today!

It took me a while, mainly because I didn't need any new mods, but shinyitis got the better of me.

I ordered a clone in brass, with a Lost art style goon from 3Fvape. I will update when it arrive what it is like, I hope it is in the cardboard tube, and if not a good clone.

It cost the grand total of £25 though for the mod, Goon RDA and the more expensive, faster shipping. Not bad at all I think :)

They both turned up today, and I am very happy.

The broadside did come in the cardboard tube, the threads are smooth, engraving is good, and it is an all round great mech mod. The delrin lining is white instead of black like the authentic if that bothers anyone, it doesn't bother me but I know some people like things to be exact. It still will function as intended which is what I care about.

Running a 0.27 dual coil 26G build in the goon, and am impressed. Good flavour and good vapour production. I think this may be my new favourite mech set up :).

Sorry for the n00b question but does this clone mod work with the battery upside down like the authentic?

Back
Top Bottom