What's new

Bought RTAs- Zeus X, Wake, Juggerknot, Doggystyle, Dvarw mtl V2 which one is easiest as a newbie?

I used about 1/3 of a tank at 30-40w, then switched to between 14-17 no problems yet but I'll keep a nose out. With the coil I actually did it anti clockwise hence why it was fiddly I guess.

I rewick when the flavour starts dropping off, if I just used one tank all the time I would probably get 3 days depending on the juice.
If I was you I’d be having a look at your wick ASAP, knocking 30 or 40 watts at it won’t have done it any good. When coiling the Doggystyle you will find it very easy to trap the coil legs under the screws if you wrap them clockwise so that the legs come off the bottom and go round the screws in the same direction clockwise.

If you’re happy with it leave it alone then mate, ideal tank to learn on the Doggy.

I don't expect I'll be one of those people to change coils weekly, I'll be dry burning and cleaning so hopefully they'll last weeks or months... The wicking element is interesting, I just bought some Cotton Bacon V2, and Cotton Labo. The cotton I used was the preacked coilmaster stuff. If that tastes as good as it does, (though it may also be to do with having mounted a clapton coil) I can't wait to try the other cotton types!

If you’re happy with it leave it alone then mate, ideal tank to learn on the Doggy.

I usually re-wick once a week or so depending on which juice I’m using but sometimes longer or shorter, as mentioned above once the flavour turns pants it’s time to change it up.

Again with coils if your using a really sweet juice they will gunk up pretty quick and same goes for over stretching the wattage that will knacker them out quickly too!

I run my doggy at 0.8 ohm and 20 watts and it’s nice and crackly but that’s just my preference [emoji846]

On another forum and on Reddit people I saw people reporting occaisionally they last 6,8,12 months which is insane, though of course I imagine it depends on type of juice, wattage, ohmage etc.

I'm delighted I no longer have to keep buying coils now, I probably have enough wire to last years- apart from the Coilmaster 24 guage Kanthal, I also ordered some clapton wire, Stainless steel 316 and have a 80 pack premade I got off Amazon of which I used one of the Clapton coils for the Doggystyle.

The coil should last for months mate.

Yeah, I've been using it for 3 days straight now and yet no dropoff in taste in the wick... I've refilled the tank maybe once a day I am planning to practise some new methods I found on Youtube, mainly the Scottish Roll method and a couple of others.

What type of cotton do you use? The stock cotton in the Coilmaster may not be as good as some of the other types but its still the best tasting vape I've ever had by some distance, can only imagine what it will be like when I wick with Cotton Bacon, Labo, or Cellucotton (ordered some of the first two types)

That sounds like a decent range. My sweet spot appears to be at 15-17 Watts on my 1 ohm coil so could be similar to yours on an 0.8 coil

I usually re-wick once a week or so depending on which juice I’m using but sometimes longer or shorter, as mentioned above once the flavour turns pants it’s time to change it up.

Again with coils if your using a really sweet juice they will gunk up pretty quick and same goes for over stretching the wattage that will knacker them out quickly too!

I run my doggy at 0.8 ohm and 20 watts and it’s nice and crackly but that’s just my preference [emoji846]

I usually use cotton bacon prime and I can’t fault it at all, it wicks really well and doesn’t have hardly any breaking in time.

I’ve recently started using a pack of cotton gods cotton that I bought on the off chance and I prefer the cb prime personally.... it’s not bad though but I’ll be going back to prime after this runs out!

Update on the first month of use. Really enjoyed using it, I rewick every 3-5 days at the moment. I'm currently using a DIY juice I've made which is quite a sweety type of flavour, and does appear to gunk up the coil a bit quicker.

My first coil does appear to be dying now as I've been dry burning, and up until the last burn it tasted okay, its lasted about a month, refilling about once a day though I was burning on very high wattage at the start which most definately reduced the lifespan. After the dry burn today the coil's resistance seemed to halve as well mysteriously, I'll replace it but maybe give it an extra final clean attempt by bathing it in vinegar to see if it has any effect, if not it'll be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom