What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

best wick and wire for PHOENIX rebuildable?

TheVapingWeazel

Postman
I've made a coil reading 2.3 ohms with the standard wick n wire that came with it but it tastes burnt even at 3 volts :/ what am I doing wrong?

Wire too tight on the wick strangling it?

have you zeroed the meter or are you using a device to check the ohms?

i use 3 or 4 coils of 0.2 or 0.18 kanthal a1 on 1x2.5 or 3x1mm silica.

wire for PHOENIX rebuildable

Wire too tight on the wick strangling it?

have you zeroed the meter or are you using a device to check the ohms?

i use 3 or 4 coils of 0.2 or 0.18 kanthal a1 on 1x2.5 or 3x1mm silica.

is the wire like fuse wire they use ...if not can you get it from tv repair shop

It has to be the right resistance. Although I am using electric fencing wire at the moment as it just happens to be stainless steel and 0.2mm i also have several mles of it here :)I would think fuse wire would be too soft and possibly contain impurities.

I've just seen a video on YouTube where a guy gets fantastic results by using ss mesh with an unbleached piece of cotton rag through it as a wick ........interesting.may have to give that a go :D

can you give me a link were you get your wire and wick from if not can come over nic some your fenc lol

Back
Top Bottom