What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Best cotton?

Seems so.

I think someone doesn't like the Chinese.

So let's see where this fake cotton bacon lead goes...

Doubtful it goes anywhere. Its certainly possible there is 'fake' stuff out there, but starting a little flame war over it is pretty dumb, as well as making claims without backing them up. It took the thread in a direction that wasn't really helpful for the OP.
Anyway, a shame as I was looking forward to finding some of that non-organic, non-japanese, non-cotton...

Anyway, @Grayson, I'd recommend Fiber Freaks. I use density no.1.
Its not cotton. Its cellulose. It wicks better than CBv2 and tastes of nothing. Better heat resistance. Easy to use.
A bit tougher to find as they closed down in January. Well worth it though.

I prefer cotton bacon. The only issue I've found is that because you need to tear a strip off it's hard to consistently get the same width/amount each time

Doubtful it goes anywhere. Its certainly possible there is 'fake' stuff out there, but starting a little flame war over it is pretty dumb, as well as making claims without backing them up. It took the thread in a direction that wasn't really helpful for the OP.
Anyway, a shame as I was looking forward to finding some of that non-organic, non-japanese, non-cotton...

Anyway, @Grayson, I'd recommend Fiber Freaks. I use density no.1.
Its not cotton. Its cellulose. It wicks better than CBv2 and tastes of nothing. Better heat resistance. Easy to use.
A bit tougher to find as they closed down in January. Well worth it though.
Nightmare isn't it. I liked the No2 blend. Like you say less burning which is a squonk plus. Bought the last lot from ft (fake of course L.o.l.). Bought some from creme de vape but have just bought some ud jap cotton and muji as a back up.
Gonna mis fibre freaks.

I will add. Though I shouldn't perpetuate this argument that I've used fastech for a long time and they've been outstanding at weeding out fakes and being honest about the products they sell. They offer cheap bulk Chinese cotton should you want it and the cotton bacon I've received from them in the past has been spot on. Maybe my experiences are unusual.

I've bought Japanese cotton off eBay for years with no bad results.

Just a thought.

Seems a bit paranoid to think that organic japanese cotton, the most popular brand of which, serena labo "puff" organic cotton pads, you can actually buy on amazon and have posted direct from the manufacturer (serena) in japan, isn't actually organic, or cotton, or japanese, and not provide any evidence at all for the claim when questioned about it. bizarre, even.

it's not only vapers who buy this stuff, they sell it on legit websites that sell japanese products to japanese people, and people with an interest in japanese stuff, or who like to use the japanese pads for whatever purpose they use their cotton.

why would japanese people import non-cotton pads from elsewhere in the world, which looks exactly like the little square cotton pads that japanese people like to use, to sell on really cheap under the guise of japanese cotton pads? what would be the purpose of this elaborate ruse?

what is it you think they are made of, if not cotton?

Back
Top Bottom