What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Beach holiday coming up, mod and battery safety in hot sun?

Dozwold

Postman
Hi All.
First beach holiday coming up since quitting the cigs so would like to hear experiences of whether it’s safe to have a mod sitting in the sun for hours on end. I’m talking 35 degree weather but probably much hotter in the sun. I do prefer squonking usually due to flavour, but willing to forgo a few hours for a tank system while on beach if specific mods will be safer on batteries. So far, I’ve seen on reviews that the Geekvape aegis legend is the sturdiest mod that may may block elements such as water and sand, but what about the sun and heat to the batteries? Would like to hear peoples views on battery safety and mod storage (or extra battery storage) in very hot weather. I would look for a dual battery setup, as cant seem to think of a safe way to carry spares in a plastic bag sitting on a beach chair in the sun.
Any thoughts or recommendations (or even mod beach vape stories and experiences)?

Been doing it myself without any problems.
Mod and betteries in my backpack.
Sand is your biggest problem, it gets everywhere.

They vape in countries where it’s hot all the time. Wherever it is you are going probably has people there that like to vape.

They vape in countries where it’s hot all the time. Wherever it is you are going probably has people there that like to vape.

Yeah but I’m talking about it mod possibly sitting in sun for a few hours, don’t have pockets in swim shorts :) I’m sure the locals don’t go out into the midday sun to sunbathe like us Englishmen.

Yeah but I’m talking about it mod possibly sitting in sun for a few hours, don’t have pockets in swim shorts :) I’m sure the locals don’t go out into the midday sun to sunbathe like us Englishmen.

Of course they do. Buy a special cool bag for it or bury it under a mountain of sand if you’re worried.

Last edited:
Might also be worth considering making or buying juice a little thicker than your usual. As the heat will thin it out a little.

Back
Top Bottom