What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Batteries and charging

I think the current that actually flows will be determined by the device in this instance and not the charger. It may be capable of delivering 2 or 3 amps but only if the device being charged demands/allows it.
This is correct- problems can happen if you are using a low quality charger (adapter) that is too low in its amp rating, not high.

Say the adapter is rated for 0.5A, but the device wants to draw 1A. Good quality chargers should only output 0.5A, but lower quality chargers or a malfunction could cause it to output more than it is rated for, causing it to overheat, and in the worst case cause a fire.

Voltage should always be matched, with USB this is standardised though. Amp ratings should always be at, or higher, never lower than the device needs. I always use either a 1.3A or 2A adapter for my devices.

Back
Top Bottom